04/29/24 at 16:01:20 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: T6 speakers... (Read 509 times)
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Re: T6 speakers...
12/19/23 at 23:40:58

Only Steve can say definitively, but when I look on the Lii website I see the headwreckers are on there as a product, so perhaps Steve is having Lin build speakers for him. I don’t really see this as a problem. Steve designs them, Lii makes nice drivers and their cabinet quality is top notch.
I don’t see the T6’s on the Lii site.

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #1 - 12/20/23 at 00:03:10

Maybe share it with the group?  Inquiring minds want to know!  😀

Where did the original post go?

IP Logged
charles hidalgo
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/21/23 at 21:03:11

Sorry... not sure what happened. Here's my OP

Can someone explain or point me into a direction where I can find out what the difference is in the Decware T6 speakers offered here on the site and the model in the link? Ive read Steve's post saying they are built for Decware received, opened, inspected, tested, branded then repacked and stored, but are there any custom modifications or upgrades these receive to become a Decware branded speaker? If so I am curious. If not..... well I am curious also.  :-/

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/T-070-TUOLIHAO-Q8-third-generation_160017...

Thank you

Charlie

SEWE300B #004
HDTv2
Zbit
Schiit Freya+
Schiit Loki Max
EverSolo Streamer/DAC combo
Custom AT turntable
Softone phone stage
TEAC and Otari tape machines
SVS Pro 1000 subs
Nordost cables
WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #3 - 12/22/23 at 19:31:26

Quote:
Only Steve can say definitively, but when I look on the Lii website I see the headwreckers are on there as a product, so perhaps Steve is having Lin build speakers for him. I don’t really see this as a problem. Steve designs them, Lii makes nice drivers and their cabinet quality is top notch.
I don’t see the T6’s on the Lii site.

We have licensed the speaker design to Lii Song for the Asian and European market as well as the USA and Canada. Lii Song is having them made in a piano factory with a piano finish in both wood and black. Once they have them stocked in their US warehouse we will offer them on the site.  

That said, we also make them here at Decware in various colors, but have no plans to offer a piano finish -- especially since the Decware built units are already priced higher than the Lii Song.

T6 were never a Lii Song product. We had those made at Tuolihao. Ours was the last speakers that company made. They now make bluetooth products only. The difference is that when you contract to have speakers like that built, you have a contract with specifications.  You also pay a lot extra for on site inspection during manufacture and again during packing.

There is no way to know what the differences would be between the ones floating around on Alliexpress.  The design is based on a crossoverless driver and there is only one so that certainly improves your odds.  No way to know however for sure if it is even the same driver or maintains the same specs.

We are almost out of stock on the T6 so soon those will be the only ones you can get, but I doubt there is very many left.  Lii Song has pointed out that many Alliexpress vendors often show stock on items they've never even seen before and once they have your money they try to find it and ship it real fast.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print