Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 14:44:50 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Three amigos, three kings, three musketeers... (Read 1026 times)
Sean
Seasoned Member

Three amigos, three kings, three musketeers...
12/04/23 at 21:03:42

Three stooges? I received a CSP2+ yesterday from a great member here, he can chime in or remain private. The CSP is making friends with UFO and ZP3 quite nicely. Visually, it's an odd trio but when the lights go out no one will care they don't "match".  Gain riding should come with a bib...for the DROOL. Decware drool happens bibs, coming soon? More to come as I learn the knobs and get it dialed in.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Re: Three amigos, three kings, three musketeers...
Reply #1 - 12/04/23 at 23:47:21

Great trio-Love it! Agreed on drool bibs!

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/05/23 at 01:52:21

In total agreement that has to sound awesome! Love the tube tray down there!

Cheers!

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #3 - 12/05/23 at 02:48:50

Sean love the setup!!  I’m partial to the white top Decware components myself.  I own a pair of fully modified white SE84C+ Zen amps that I call the Zen sisters.  I have the matching CSP2+ preamp to boot.  I’m sure it sounds amazing!

Congrats again.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 12/05/23 at 03:09:05

Oh I missed the tube tray!

I have a beautiful walnut tube holder (for 6SN7 tube types) that I don’t use any longer. This just reminded me that I should sell it so it can be proudly displayed in another loving home.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #5 - 12/05/23 at 06:00:16

Hi Sean,

I saw the picture first without noticing that it was your setup, and thought that looks like the CSP 2+ that I just sold to......

And, it looks great, fits right in with it's new partners. Enjoy the music!

Tony

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 12/07/23 at 21:56:03

The tube tray was a sort of scrap bin challenge at the time. Nothing more than a 2x4 and an old piece of a staircase. Everything fit back then, now...not so much. I have an idea for one, perhaps after the new year. Seems the image uploading service is down at the moment, I'll upload a better pic sometime soon.

Thanks again to Tony, he was great to work with!

A moment about gain riding...I really had the concept all wrong! I kept thinking I don't need louder so adding gain isn't for me. Even more so with high efficiency speakers. I've been running a vinyl rig for years with just a phono pre straight to an amp. I always thought the less connections between the needle and the speakers, the better. Well you definitely can do it that way. But... you really need to try a pre in the mix.

I can't really add anything new to the pre amp discussion, I can only confirm what others have said..."more meat on the bones", "more heft", "no way I could think of not using a pre", etc. The biggest change it's made here is depth. There's no front wall anymore, the music comes at me in waves but never really screams in my face. Soundstage width is larger. Multiple times I've thought someone was coming down the basement steps only to not see anyone, it's going cramp my neck until I get used to that. The steps are to my right and land about a foot behind my head so the sound is all around the room. I can now get a membership card to hearing things behind my head. The music is thicker, but not muddy or cramped...we used to call it PHAT years ago.

I've played Echoes (both PF and rod gab) multiple times the past couple of nights. It's interactive and immersive and a boatload of FUN!

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 12/08/23 at 00:14:05

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 12/08/23 at 02:12:51

Thx for sharing your experience—so exciting!!I was nodding my head at every word, especially the ‘hearing someone coming down the basement steps’ part!

Love the tube tray!

IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 12/19/23 at 19:01:33

Thanks Kamran. After the new year I plan to build a new and improved version to house all the extra tubes I've accumulated and some room for expansion.

I've been tickled pink with the new CSP2+. About a week ago, something just wasn't right. I was getting a crazy distortion on low notes. With the idea that Decware items really show weaknesses I did a deep dive on the turntable setup again. I suspected something with my stylus wasn't right, turned out one of my DIY RCA cables had a loose solder connection. This must have happened while I was setting things up and moving things around. Took less time to fix than the warming up the gun. It's been singing nicely since. I'm getting a grasp on all the new to me knobs, next will be rolling tubes.

Few nights ago I put this on

This was among four boxes of records my Aunt gave me. I'm not a big classical guy, but Mehta is a familiar name. I've been on a casual hunt to find his take on The Planets for a few years. Anyhow, my past experience with classical is the albums i have mostly sound like crap. This particular record looked unplayed so I spun it. WOW. Smooth, detailed, no instruments tripping over other instruments, big, full and very enjoyable.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print