Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/30/24 at 11:08:38 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone Familiar With Tube CR 2C? (Read 588 times)
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Anyone Familiar With Tube CR 2C?
12/16/23 at 00:33:15

I am looking for information on an audio tube CR 2C. All I have found so far is that "the CR2C is a small pentode tube originally used in Soviet military radios. It's not a very common tube in audio applications, so finding direct equivalents might be challenging."

I was assuming it came from Decware, but after doing a search within the forum, I came up with nothing. I also thought it might be a small sized rectifier, but maybe not.

If anyone has any idea, please pass it on.

Thanks, Tony

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Tubecan

Re: Anyone Familiar With Tube CR 2C?
Reply #1 - 12/16/23 at 14:54:09

CR 2C is a Russian voltage regulator,your 25th uses 3,25th comes with one CR 2C for the signal tube in front.
CR3C is also useable but they sound funny,kinda cheaply built.
5U4C are rectifiers…stay away they sound bland,boring.

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #2 - 12/16/23 at 16:36:01

Tubecan,  

Thanks for the information. Perhaps because there are two output voltage regulators in the back of this amp, I forgot about the third input regulator in front of the rectifier. I mean, how much "regulation" does an amp need? Smiley

Still, it seems interesting that Steve would choose a tube that is so uncommon or at least seems that way.  Perhaps there is something about its contribution to the whole that he liked.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Tubecan

Reply #3 - 12/16/23 at 17:27:03

Read your post and also got stumped,I remembered something about seeing a CR2C somewhere and then it hit me,the front has a funny numbered VR tube and I walk over and there she is..this and the Raytheon that came with I use,the rca is’t that interesting,thinking this regulation is the perfect amount! Haha..also there has to be something about the way this amp is grounded..not one burp,very quiet,must be on my tenth pair of 6P-15’…brilliant amplifier.averaging 16 hours since the day received..I’ll figure out how many hours one day..don’t even remember what year she was born.after about 3 pairs experience on those 6p15 you know exactly when they need changing to the hour,your interest wains and it’s time to change them,I,m thinking 4K hours they sound great,then they sound just like every other amp,swap new pair and back to greatness.

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #4 - 12/17/23 at 19:46:00

I don't know if this will just be more confusing, but the English transliteration of the Russian VR75 voltage regulator is SG2S. I have some but have yet to listen to them.

In Cyrillic it is CГ2C where the second character very similar to the capital gamma from the Greek alphabet. I'm not sure where the "R" you're referring to comes from,  Cyrillic P is English R, but there is nothing like an R in the Cyrillic alphabet.

For the VR105 and VR150 just replace the 2 with 3 or 4 respectively.

Full disclosure, I'm not an expert on Russian but I have been interested in Russian tubes for a long time.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print