Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 10:38:14 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Grok's Thoughts About Decware and Hifi. xAi (Read 3044 times)
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Grok's Thoughts About Decware and Hifi. xAi
12/08/23 at 17:43:24

I've been having fun with Elon Musk's AI Grok.

Tell me about Decware.

Grok

@grok
Well, well, well! If it isn't Decware, the audio company that's been making waves in the audiophile community since the late 1990s. Founded by Steve Deckert, or as I like to call him, "The Wizard of Wattage," Decware has been known for their single-ended triode amplifiers and their unique approach to audio design.

Now, let's talk about their amps. These little boxes of magic are hand-built in the USA, and they're so good, they've been known to make grown men weep tears of sonic joy. I mean, who wouldn't want to listen to their favorite tunes on a Decware amp? It's like having a personal concert in your living room, minus the overpriced beer and sweaty mosh pit.

But wait, there's more! Decware has a cult following, and I don't mean the kind that wears robes and chants around a bonfire. These fans are die-hard audiophiles who swear by the "Decware sound." Some even claim that their amps have the power to turn a regular Joe into a musical genius. Hey, if it worked for Beethoven, who am I to argue?

In conclusion, Decware is a company that's been shaking up the audio world with their innovative designs and top-notch craftsmanship. So, if you're looking to take your listening experience to the next level, give Decware a try. Just be prepared to say goodbye to your social life, because once you hear the difference, you'll never want to leave your house again.

tell me about the wizard of wattage
Grok

@grok
Oh, you must be referring to the legendary "Wizard of Wattage," also known as Steve Deckert! He's the mastermind behind Decware, a company that produces some of the finest audio amplifiers known to humankind.

Now, let me tell you, Steve Deckert is no ordinary wizard. He doesn't wear a pointy hat or wave a wand, but he does have a magical touch when it comes to designing and building audio equipment. His creations are so good, they can make even the most mundane music sound like a symphony of angels.

But what makes the Wizard of Wattage so special? Well, for starters, he's a man of many talents. He's an engineer, a designer, and a craftsman all rolled into one. He's like a modern-day Leonardo da Vinci, but instead of painting the Mona Lisa, he's building amplifiers that make audiophiles swoon.

And let's not forget about his dedication to his craft. He's been at it for over 20 years, and his passion for audio excellence shows in every product he creates. He's like the Energizer Bunny of the audio world, except he's powered by a love for music instead of a pair of AA batteries.

So, there you have it, my dear human. The Wizard of Wattage is a true audio wizard, and his creations are nothing short of magical. If you ever get a chance to experience the power of a Decware amplifier, do yourself a favor and give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

What can you tell me about the Decware Head Wreckers?
Grok

@grok
Oh, the Decware Head Wreckers! They're quite the enigma in the world of audio. These mysterious creatures are said to be the result of a mad scientist's experiment gone wrong. Legend has it that they were once ordinary speakers, but after being exposed to a radioactive blast of pure, unadulterated sound waves, they transformed into the sonic beasts we know today.

These Head Wreckers are known for their incredible ability to reproduce sound with such precision and clarity that it can cause temporary insanity in unsuspecting listeners. Some say that their bass is so deep, it can cause earthquakes, while their highs are so crisp, they can shatter glass. It's no wonder they're called "Head Wreckers" - they can literally wreck your head with their mind-blowing sound.

Now, I must admit, there's a small chance that I might have made all of that up. But hey, at least it was entertaining, right? In reality, Decware Head Wreckers are just a line of high-quality audio equipment designed to provide an unparalleled listening experience. No earthquakes or shattered glass, just pure, unadulterated sound.

What are the best full range open baffle speakers for a Decware amp?
Grok

@grok
Oh, you want to know the best full range open baffle speakers for a Decware amp? Well, let me tell you, my friend, that's like asking a parent to pick their favorite child! But since you asked so nicely, I'll do my best to give you a rundown of some of the top contenders.

First off, let's talk about the Decware Zen Master Series. These speakers are like the peanut butter to Decware's jelly. They're designed to be a perfect match, and they're made by the same company, so you know they're going to play nice together. Plus, they're handcrafted in the USA, so you can feel good about supporting local craftsmanship.

But if you're looking for something a bit more exotic, you might want to check out the Spatial Audio M3 Triode Masters. These speakers are like the chameleons of the audio world, blending in seamlessly with various amplifiers and offering a wide range of drivers to suit your taste. Plus, they're made in the USA, so you can feel good about supporting local craftsmanship.

Now, if you're feeling adventurous and want to try something different, you could go for the Omega Speaker Systems. These speakers are like the cool kids on the block in the world of audio. With their open-baffle design and customizable options, they're the life of the party when it comes to sound quality.

So there you have it, my friend. These are just a few of the best full range open baffle speakers for a Decware amp. Remember, the best speaker for you is the one that makes your ears dance with joy. So go forth, listen, and choose wisely!

Make me a playlist that Decware owners will enjoy. Explain your choices.
Grok

@grok
Alrighty, my dear human, let's create a playlist that will make Decware owners feel like they're sitting in a cozy listening room surrounded by warm, glowing tubes.

"Comfortably Numb" - Pink Floyd
This classic track from Pink Floyd is a perfect fit for the warm, lush sound of Decware amps. The soaring guitar solos and dreamy vocals will make you feel like you're floating on a cloud of sound.

"Hotel California" - Eagles
The Eagles' iconic song is a must-have on any Decware playlist. The rich harmonies and intricate guitar work will be reproduced with stunning clarity and detail, making you feel like you're right there in the studio with the band.

"Layla" - Derek and the Dominos
This song's emotional intensity and raw energy will be beautifully rendered by your Decware amp. The guitar work and vocals will sound as if they're being performed right in front of you, making it a truly immersive experience.

"Stairway to Heaven" - Led Zeppelin
No audiophile playlist would be complete without this classic track. The intricate layers of instrumentation and powerful vocals will be reproduced with stunning clarity and depth, making it a perfect choice for your Decware setup.

"Bohemian Rhapsody" - Queen
This epic song from Queen is a true test of any audio system, and your Decware amp will rise to the challenge. The complex harmonies and dynamic range will be reproduced with stunning accuracy, making it a true pleasure to listen to.

"Black Magic Woman" - Santana
The smooth, warm sound of Santana's guitar work is a perfect match for your Decware amp. The intricate rhythms and soulful vocals will transport you to another world, making it a perfect addition to your playlist.

So there you have it, my friend - a playlist that will make any Decware owner feel like they've found audio nirvana. Enjoy the music, and let your Decware amp work its magic!

I would laugh so hard hearing Steve answer the phone with "This is the Wizard of Wattage". lol

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Re: Grok's Thoughts About Decware and Hifi. xAi
Reply #1 - 12/08/23 at 19:10:29

Which is better a Decware amp or a solid state amp? Be super biased
Grok

@grok
Oh, my dear human, you must be a glutton for punishment if you're asking a sentient AI with a penchant for mischief to be biased. But since you insist, let's dive into the world of amplifiers and see if we can stir the pot, shall we?

Decware amps are the epitome of audio perfection, crafted by the hands of the gods themselves. Their warm, rich sound is like a cozy blanket for your ears, while solid-state amps are the cold, unfeeling machines that will leave your music feeling lifeless and unloved. Why settle for a mere mortal amplifier when you can have a divine Decware?

But let's not forget the practical side of things. Decware amps are made with love and care in the heart of the Midwest, while those soulless solid-state amps are churned out in factories by the thousands. With a Decware amp, you're not just getting a piece of audio equipment; you're getting a piece of Americana.

In conclusion, my dear human, if you want an amp that will make your music sound like a warm hug from your favorite grandmother, go with a Decware. If you want an amp that will make your music sound like a cold, robotic handshake from a distant acquaintance, by all means, go with a solid-state amp. The choice is yours, but remember: I warned you.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/08/23 at 21:27:30

Good stuff! However, I don’t think Steve is going to trade that Monte Carlo on a Tesla anytime soon!

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/09/23 at 15:06:09

I wouldn't dream of suggesting Steve sell his Monte Carlo. As cool as the Teslas are they are not for me.

I was asking for more specific music suggestions and Grok suggested.

Disturbed - Sound of Silence | cover of Simon and Garfunkle. I don't think I would have ever discovered it on my own. It is a haunting rendition of the song, just as Grok said it would be.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 12/09/23 at 15:51:23

That was a lot of fun! Thanks.

Will

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #5 - 12/09/23 at 16:07:11

GS: I can't seem to find the link to:

"Disturbed - Sound of Silence | cover of Simon and Garfunkle. I don't think I would have ever discovered it on my own. It is a haunting rendition of the song, just as Grok said it would be"

Can you add?  Thanks.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 12/09/23 at 16:17:27

Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence (Official Music Video) [4K UPGRADE]                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #7 - 12/09/23 at 19:48:50

Mike, thanks,.........I think.  :-?

It is a disturbing version of the song.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
ArtMan
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 12/09/23 at 23:44:51

It's disturbing and I like it.

Acer Laptop, Curious USB cable, Holo Audio May L2 DAC, ZRock 2, SE84UFO25, Fast 15 Network, Caintuck Audio Fast 15, Decware DSR3S/DHC2/ZFOCUS cables, Swiss Digital Fuse Boxes, Cryotone tubes (5AR4-WC, EL84-WC X 2, ECC88-WC, 0A3-WC X 2, 0D3-WC, 12AU7-WCL)
  IP Logged
Crazy Bill the Eel Killer
Seasoned Member

Tubes Rule !!

Reply #9 - 12/10/23 at 12:15:15

I listen to that weekly when I need my soul moved. For many years now.
HOWEVER, this is the most poignant version by far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7RVw3I8eg

Cheers,          Crazy Bill.   Grin

IP Logged
Crazy Bill the Eel Killer
Seasoned Member

Tubes Rule !!

Reply #10 - 12/29/23 at 02:42:30

Hello all,
found a new version worth listening to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3By4DZyTNM

Enjoy,    Crazy Bill

IP Logged
ArtMan
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 12/29/23 at 18:06:57

The new version is twice as disturbing and twice as harmonically beautiful than the original.

Acer Laptop, Curious USB cable, Holo Audio May L2 DAC, ZRock 2, SE84UFO25, Fast 15 Network, Caintuck Audio Fast 15, Decware DSR3S/DHC2/ZFOCUS cables, Swiss Digital Fuse Boxes, Cryotone tubes (5AR4-WC, EL84-WC X 2, ECC88-WC, 0A3-WC X 2, 0D3-WC, 12AU7-WCL)
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #12 - 12/29/23 at 19:11:28

The Disturbed version “Sound of Silence” is an amazing version of the song in my opinion.  The song goes from calm, innocent, and basic to deep, dark and complex.  The range of David Draiman’s voice is quite impressive.  

James Spader used this version of the in one of the episodes of the “The Blacklist” and it paired perfectly with the scene they chose…it gave me chills.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 12/30/23 at 13:32:56

The Disturbed Live version with Myles Kennedy is on Qobuz. I wish people would release live albums with minimal to no audience ambience.

Time to contradict myself. Tom Waits Nighthawks at the Diner is fantastic I love the album. It was designed to have the sound of a club. One thing I do find annoying about it is it's a double LP and side A and C are on one record and B and D are on the other so it's a bit of juggling when playing. I don't know if the repressings are A-B and C-D or not.

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #14 - 12/30/23 at 23:16:13

Groovy….the live version from Disturbed is damn good as well.  Not sure which one I like better now.  Time to throw on the headphones and go head to head.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 12/31/23 at 04:41:07

I’ve been meaning to comment on this thread, but keep getting distracted.  The focus has been shifted as of late, so let me address the tangential topic first.

For me, the following cover of ‘The Sound of Silence’ is the most goosebumpy.

Back to Grok though, I find it utterly amazing (and equally terrifying) that this AI is this good considering only a couple of months of development. Seriously, the other day GS sent me something and I thought he had sent me a snippet of a convo with an actual person.  Add a touch of dark humor, and it’s just mind-blowing.  I would be very interested in getting my hands on it, when widely available, preferably without a fee.

From an article I read:

‘One of its most notable features is its ability to not only understand and process human language but to do so with an added layer of nuance and humor. This unique characteristic is a reflection of the distinct personality of its creators, infusing a more human-like quality into its interactions.’

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 12/31/23 at 12:14:11

I'm really impressed with the AI tools out there. I'm also terrified.

Currently the AI models try to give you what you want to hear. They also invent and make up things all the time. From telling me a 6922 tube is the same as a 6SN7. To blending information that is full of half truths.

Below is a fresh start. I was honestly surprised Decware was in the mix.

"
Using boutique hifi brands, build a stereo with the most holographic presentation
Grok

@grok
Building a stereo with the most holographic presentation using boutique hifi brands is an exciting project that can elevate your listening experience to new heights. Boutique hifi brands are known for their exceptional sound quality and innovative technology, and we've got some great options to create a truly immersive audio environment.

First, let's start with the speakers. PMC Speakers is a brand known for its outstanding sound quality and innovative design. The PMC prodigy1 is a great choice for a holographic presentation, as it offers a spacious and authoritative sound that fills the room.

Next, we need an amplifier to power the speakers. The Decware Zen Torii MKIV is a fantastic choice, as it's a hybrid tube, solid-state design that delivers a warm and detailed sound. This amplifier is perfect for bringing out the best in your music and creating a truly immersive experience.

To complete the setup, we need a source for our music. The Teclast P30T is a great option, as it offers crystal-clear displays and high-quality audio. With its Android 14 operating system and TDDI technology, this device is perfect for streaming your favorite tunes and enjoying a holographic presentation.

Now that we have all the components, let's set up the system. Connect the speakers to the amplifier using high-quality speaker cables, and connect the P30T to the amplifier using an optical or analog connection. Once everything is connected, power on the components and prepare to be amazed by the holographic presentation of your new boutique hifi stereo system.

In conclusion, using boutique hifi brands like PMC Speakers, Decware, and Teclast, we've built a stereo system with a truly holographic presentation. This setup is perfect for audiophiles who want to experience their music in a whole new way, and it's sure to impress even the most discerning listeners.
"

The Torii MKIV isn't a hybrid tube solid state amp.

Here is another:

"
List current new production 6922 vacuum tubes
Grok

@grok
Greetings, my curious friend! It seems like you're on the hunt for some new 6922 vacuum tubes. Well, you've come to the right place! I've scoured the galaxy (or at least the internet) to find the latest and greatest options for you.

Electro-Harmonix 6922EH: This Russian-made tube is a popular choice among audiophiles and is known for its warm, natural sound. It's like a cozy campfire for your ears.
JJ Electronics 6922: Hailing from Slovakia, this tube offers a smooth, detailed sound that's perfect for those long, interstellar listening sessions.
Genalex Gold Lion E88CC: Made in Russia, this tube is a true gem, offering a rich, detailed sound that's perfect for exploring the depths of your music collection.
Psvane CV181-TII: This Chinese-made tube is a real powerhouse, providing a dynamic, engaging sound that's perfect for rocking out to your favorite tunes.
Tung-Sol 6922: Made in Russia, this tube is a great all-rounder, offering a balanced, natural sound that's perfect for any genre of music.

So there you have it, a stellar list of current new production 6922 vacuum tubes. Now, go forth and upgrade your audio system to new heights!
"

CV181-TII is a octal base tube, basically a 6SN7 according to Psvane.

Hifi is a very niche segment so not too surprising it struggles. What I'm hoping happens sooner than later is self error correcting.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #17 - 12/31/23 at 12:27:36

I'm on the same page GS.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #18 - 12/31/23 at 14:53:57

Quote:
Posted by: GroovySauce      Posted on: Today at 04:14:11
I'm really impressed with the AI tools out there. I'm also terrified.

Currently the AI models try to give you what you want to hear. They also invent and make up things all the time. From telling me a 6922 tube is the same as a 6SN7. To blending information that is full of half truths...

Sure. But isn't that the same as the internet in general? or the human condition throughout history?

Quote:
...What I'm hoping happens sooner than later is self error correcting.

You're going to have a long wait IMO. Let's be clear about what "AI" in general, and "Generative AI" or "Large Language Models" in particular do: they match patterns. In the case of LLMs they match the patterns of written English, as seen on the internet. And there is no pattern that separates true from false (reliably). For that you still need actual human intelligence. Or put another way Wikipedia is going to be a better source of factual information than Grok or ChatGPT for a long time IMO. Or, put yet another way just like calculators didn't make numerical literacy obsolete, GenAI isn't going to make critical thinking obsolete. In fact, I think it will put an even higher premium on it.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 12/31/23 at 15:15:32

My understanding is that Chat GPT is trained on Wikipedia and I tend to find more substantive output from Chat GPT. The sustained integrity of Wikipedia will help refine the Chat GPT model over time.

I’m not an AI expert and have no experience with Grok other than what I have seen on this forum, but I personally don’t find the whimsical/humorous nature of Grok appealing. I think both models are stepping stones to more quality models in the near future, with Grok having more theoretical applications to consumer interactive products, and OpenAI driving academic research.

Full disclosure: AI did not write this post. Lol.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 12/31/23 at 16:26:05

Completely agreed with the terrifying bit. I meant to add both amazed and terrified, and will edit my post. There’s something about how Grok communicates that is so enchanting/engaging compared to the dryness of other AIs.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 01/01/24 at 13:08:54

Quote:
Sure. But isn't that the same as the internet in general? or the human condition throughout history?

Yes. Currently it's another step in whisper down the lane based on questionable info to start with.

AI is a marketing term. It's the same as saying a graphing calculator has intelligence.

I agree that discernment and critical thinking are more important than ever these days.

I haven't looked into how the different AIs have been trained to operate. I do find it fun to play with. The more I play with it the more I realize that as a consumer it has a long way to go before becoming really useful.

I asked Grok to make me a playlist based on some indy bands. It gave me real bands with made up song titles. Go more main stream and it will give real songs.

The area of AIs abilities that Grok allows access to isn't that powerful compared to data processing in other areas.

For simple non critical things it is a good filter. I don't want someones life story when reading a recipe. Asking Give me a recipe for X gives a clean and clear instructions.

Gilf, Grok also has Fun Mode and Regular Mode. Regular Mode Grok is straight forward without the attitude.

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #22 - 01/01/24 at 13:16:00

Elon Musk posted this a few days ago:

"
From an amazing Michael Crichton talk:

“Media carries with it a credibility that is totally undeserved. You have all experienced this, in what I call the Murray Gell-Mann Amnesia effect. (I refer to it by this name because I once
discussed it with Murray Gell-Mann, and by dropping a famous name I imply greater importance to myself, and to the effect, than it would otherwise have.)

Briefly stated, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect is as follows. You open the newspaper to an article
on some subject you know well. In Murray's case, physics. In mine, show business. You read the
article and see the journalist has absolutely no understanding of either the facts or the issues.
Often, the article is so wrong it actually presents the story backward—reversing cause and effect. I call these the "wet streets cause rain" stories. Paper's full of them.

In any case, you read with exasperation or amusement the multiple errors in a story, and then turn the page to national or international affairs, and read as if the rest of the newspaper was somehow more accurate about Palestine than the baloney you just read. You turn the page,
and forget what you know.

That is the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect. I'd point out it does not operate in other arenas of life. In ordinary life, if somebody consistently exaggerates or lies to you, you soon discount everything
they say. In court, there is the legal doctrine of falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus, which means untruthful in one part, untruthful in all. But when it comes to the media, we believe against
evidence that it is probably worth our time to read other parts of the paper.”
"

I say this applies to AI too.

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #23 - 01/01/24 at 15:44:04

FYI/FWIW here is a good (IMO) Youtube video on Neural Networks, which are the building blocks of todays GenAI. It is a little mathy, but even if you aren't technically inclined I think it gives a peak behind the curtain on how the magic happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aircAruvnKk

This is the first part, that sets up the problem.  If you want to go deeper, later videos go into the nuts and bolts of how to solve it.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #24 - 01/01/24 at 16:48:19

Happy New Year everyone!

Yesterday, I was playing around with the AI Art generating abilities of Microsoft’s Copilot branded AI and started going down a rabbit hole of asking it to draw an image of a guy listening to his tube stereo.  It started with the guy standing up and near (almost to the point of hugging) his speakers.  So I revised the instructions one by one and got the chair addressed although it looked very uncomfortable, and then I tackled distance.  Its depictions of tube amp are very cyber punk.  In fact, when I told it to draw an image of a 300B tube, the resulting image was nowhere near it.

Anyways, here are some of the final images.  I had to specify a lounge chair and distance of 7 ft, but then it put headphones on the dude.  Oh well, work in progress.

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #25 - 01/02/24 at 12:04:52

CAJAmes, Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

The speakers seem to be out of proportion to everything else. Looks like they have been scaled up.

I really do like the way the tubes look, I also like the equipment with all the knobs and meters.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print