04/29/24 at 15:30:27 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lii Audio Platinum 15 (Read 804 times)
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Lii Audio Platinum 15
11/19/23 at 02:48:02

Now available on their website (or maybe I’m late to the party - again). They are only $400 more than the P10s, which kind of surprised me. Anyway, just for anyone who’s interested.

Randy

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Re: Lii Audio Platinum 15
Reply #1 - 11/19/23 at 13:04:15

http://www.lii-audio.com/product/one-pair-reference-level-15″-fullrange-drivers-...

I noticed these available the other day, too, and haven’t had time to post to share it. I’ll be interested to see and hear if folks use these. Not being suitable for an open baffle, these 15’s will require a substantial cabinet. And from hearing the reviews of Steve’s head wrecker for the P10s I’m curious what there is to gain from the added cost and larger cabinet size. I’m not dissing them, obviously I have no experience with them… the audio nerd in me is just genuinely curious.

This may not be the place, but FWIW - I’ve made several purchases from Lii over the last few years and have been waiting for months now for some speakers that I ordered through the Decware site rather than through the Lii site. For some reason I got the impression that if I ordered through Decware that they would be shipped more quickly, thinking Decware had an inventory on hand in the central US -> incorrect. Ordering through Decware is a totally unnecessary step; I recommend just ordering from Lii directly. They respond very quickly and are the ones ultimately handling your order anyway.

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/19/23 at 19:29:22

Gilf,

I wondered the same things about the P15s. With such a low Qts, it seems like a cabinet is a must, and if you size up Steve’s Headwrecker cabinet…well, you’d better be sure you get the placement right the first time around. Moving them would take a small army. And they would need a large room to breathe in. I bet they would sound great, tho, in the right setting.

Randy

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/19/23 at 23:30:39

I bet a scaled up head wrecker with P15s would be amazing as a PA speaker for a small theatre!

The world may never know.  [smiley=lolk.gif]

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print