Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 16:44:37 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
poly film caps vs copper foil caps.......... (Read 958 times)
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

poly film caps vs copper foil caps..........
11/18/23 at 02:57:56

Hi all. I am getting pretty close (I think) to the parts pulled section of page one. I am not in the know about these caps at all. The differences and approximate cost upgrade on a SE84UFO2.1.? Appreciate any advice on this! Thanks so much! Smiley ~Mike

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: poly film caps vs copper foil caps..........
Reply #1 - 11/18/23 at 14:23:11

Mike,

I think you can go to your amp page on the Decware site and click on "select options" to see the options and prices. Though I have not heard Steve's A-mods except in a ZRock2 (tube filter and Miflex Copper), I have done similar in all my amps and pre-stages, and to me it is a pretty notable upgrade in speed and resolving detail complexity and space in convincing ways, basically A-mods taking a good thing further. I can't speak to the poly caps Steve selected for level one A-mods, not having heard them. But that is his thing... making parts and design make convincing music, so I bet they sound good. I can say, that to me, Miflex Copper and Miflex Copper/oil are my all around favorite caps for pulling out a refined and resolving natural sound. I use a lot of them.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/18/23 at 15:54:26

Thank you Will~ I'll most likely call Monday, and that I will go for the copper caps. Anniversary 2. " I can say, that to me, Miflex Copper and Miflex Copper/oil are my all around favorite caps for pulling out a refined and resolving natural sound. I use a lot of them". Your opinion matters! Obviously  [smiley=beer.gif] We are getting pretty excited. My wife kept on me to order this. She is pretty awesome. Smiley You and so many more are wonderful to have on a forum like this one. So knowledgeable and helpful. A huge help for those like me that don't know jack Embarrassed A big plus for Decware... Have a great weekend Will! ..oh and 'select' options worked just fine. Price was right there..

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/18/23 at 17:46:12

Your amp being close is exciting Mike, and so glad your wife is so supportive. I believe you when you say she is awesome. My wife loved the music right on up until the day she passed. In so many ways, realistic home music added so much dimension to our world!

I feel like we are really lucky to be able to create that, and like you, I am grateful for great help from Steve, Bob (and all), and from our fellow forum folks! Smiley

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/18/23 at 18:01:40

I don't know how to reply on anything that devastating. I don't handle well. God Bless both of you from my heart.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/18/23 at 20:27:15

Thank you Mike. I appreciate your blessings.

I guess it had to do with us being so close, living and working together for a lifetime, and still best friends. But yes her passing is rougher than I could have imagined. Now a little more than a year out, I still feel surprisingly fragile. Never learned about this is school or anywhere else. But it keeps evolving, and great music at home, and system work, are really good salves for me. You are in for a real treat with your new A-modded amp!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print