Sarah’s little sister (Read 1829 times)
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Sarah’s little sister
07/14/23 at 18:23:36

Now that the WESE300B is sussed out & shipping I’m wondering if a Decware 2a3 amp could be a project worth exploring? Inquiring minds want to know. Just some random thoughts like how many is blue? Is blue quite a few? Just sitting around with nothing to do. How about a Decware 2a3PSE? I know, I know, if you don’t think too good, don’t think too much.

KEF LS50 wireless 2 w/KC62 sub
Analog Ethos select series 2a3>Decware HDT-v2
Dennis Had Inspire 6FLV-v>Decware T6
Shanling STP10>Klipsh forté IV
Dennis Had 300PSE>Decware DNA 2
IPad mini>Audio Quest Dragonfly cobalt>Focal Clear
Willsenton R300>Bose 601-II
  IP Logged
tamaraoconnell
Verified Member

Re: Sarah’s little sister
Reply #1 - 07/18/23 at 04:18:12

I think that the answer is yes. The Decware 2A3PSE is known for its high-quality sound and is considered by many to be one of the best tube amplifiers available. You can try it.

IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #2 - 07/19/23 at 19:11:13

How many is blue? In this case just two.

RCA 2a3 tubes doing their thing, looking good, sounding awesome.

IP Logged
ratketyree
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 08/11/23 at 02:32:31

In my opinion, the solution is yes. The Decware 2A3PSE is widely regarded as one of the greatest tube amplifiers on the market due to its excellent sound quality. You are free to give it a shot.

IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #4 - 11/14/23 at 22:45:00

I tried to buy the Decware 2a3PSE asking Mr. Deckert but he said “fat chance”, sorry that’s my interpretation of what he said. I do know a guy in NC that doesn’t seem adverse to the concept. Maybe I’ll try a 9-pin PSE of some sort. But on the 2a3 front, while waiting on a D. Kawalski Dark Gene green (ever heard of one of those?) I picked up 3 NOS 12au7 & a used RCA clear top. It uses one as the power tube for a big 1/2 watt. Well gotta plug them into something to make sure they work, I’ve had tubes that I had to return before, either dead or looking like a red plate situation. My little 3.5 watt amp uses 2 12ay7 tubes. So the au’s under drive the 2a3’s somewhat. At Decfest I mentioned that my DNA 2 speakers powered by 2a3 tubes had great bass until I started to “turn it up” so to speak. Headroom was the reason, give them more juice was the advice I was given, so 4 WE300B tubes was my solution. That did the trick. Forte IV speakers woke up the little green 2a3. But howdy do the au tubes underdriving the 2a3 tubes sure  sound sweet. Headroom be damned. Just a quick observation. But what do I know. Rock on.

IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #5 - 11/17/23 at 22:37:07

Ok, I guess underdrive was a mistake, using au vs. ay tubes  means I have to adjust the volume knob higher to reach the same gain. Using a speaker with higher sensitivity than the DNA2 speakers allows me to compensate sound levels accordingly. I just got excited being able to crank the knob up to a point where I would normally have problems. I seem to be easily confused. But I love tubes that are close to my age. Tube bigotry I suppose.
Furthermore today I asked if there will be 2 or even 3 year club shirts for the future. The quick answer was no, I guess that was a snarky question.

I dream of a buckle I’ll never put on.  Ralph

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print