Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/28/24 at 00:29:32 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bonus mods / Wood base options (Read 762 times)
Oliver Shahery
Verified Member

Bonus mods / Wood base options
10/07/23 at 23:32:57

Hey !

I’m finally on the first page of the waiting list and am SO EXCITED. I tried to see if there was a thread on here for some customer pictures of the wooden base they chose but couldn’t find one. Anyone have a wood base they chose that they love? And maybe a photo? Also — are there any features / upgrades I should definitely get in terms of the amp itself? Does this amp even have something like that?

Everything I’m writing here sounds jumbled. Anyways I’m excited. Just wondering if I should make any last minute modifications to my order.

Oliver

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Bonus mods / Wood base options
Reply #1 - 10/08/23 at 00:00:23

The SE84UFO25 has pretty much all the options included. . .I'd leave it as is.

As for bases. . .I've almost always had walnut, and I had one cherry (with another coming soon). . .but after getting my. SEWE300B I'd recommend padauk--the padauk base I have on that amp is BEAUTIFUL.

Congrats! First page is good news!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Oliver Shahery
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 10/08/23 at 00:03:24

Thank you so much for this response. I really appreciate it. Do you have photos of both the walnut and padauk? I have the walnut base ordered as of now

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 10/08/23 at 00:13:46

Here attached are a picture of a Rachel with walnut case, and a picture of an SE84UFO25 with a padauk case.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #4 - 10/08/23 at 01:59:57

FWIW here is a picture of several of the wood options from another amp page:

From top to bottom is solid maple, solid cherry, solid walnut with black paint, solid walnut, black figured. I don't know if "black figured" is an option for the UFO25.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print