04/28/24 at 17:33:43 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
SEWE300B impressions (Read 6318 times)
charles hidalgo
Seasoned Member

Re: SEWE300B impressions
Reply #50 - 02/27/24 at 19:05:47

The Sofia Aqua II 274b has been in and running for twenty one days constantly, and this rectifier has put all others to shame for me with my gear, in my world. Now it's setting in and I really would love some money back at this point from Cryotone for all the frustration. I have over 400.00 in rectifiers that are junk in pretty red and black boxes.

SEWE300B #004
HDTv2
Zbit
Schiit Freya+
Schiit Loki Max
EverSolo Streamer/DAC combo
Custom AT turntable
Softone phone stage
TEAC and Otari tape machines
SVS Pro 1000 subs
Nordost cables
WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #51 - 03/01/24 at 00:58:08

Charles, I'm so glad that the Aqua II has been such a good performer for you. For me too, in all my components, I just can't keep them out.

It's such a shame about the Cryotone rectifiers. Have you reached out to Don about some recompense?

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
charles hidalgo
Seasoned Member

Reply #52 - 03/05/24 at 00:01:54

I'd like to say again though I have been disappointed in the Wathen/Cryotone rectifiers, I also have shouted from the mountain tops how great the rest of the tubes have been from them. I today received a new 5u4 from them free, without asking. I appreciate that, and these threads are being watched I feel. That's nice to know. This was never an attempt to get anything free but again. Thank you Don, and Angie.

Charlie

SEWE300B #004
HDTv2
Zbit
Schiit Freya+
Schiit Loki Max
EverSolo Streamer/DAC combo
Custom AT turntable
Softone phone stage
TEAC and Otari tape machines
SVS Pro 1000 subs
Nordost cables