Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/02/24 at 23:23:32 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi-Fi Cave’s Review of the Sarah 300B (Read 974 times)
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Hi-Fi Cave’s Review of the Sarah 300B
03/08/24 at 03:18:41

Hopefully, Loic doesn’t mind that I’m sharing it here.  This went live earlier today. I’m a Patreon member so got to see it last night.  Loved his take although I did comment that it does not take 30 days to build.  

https://youtu.be/Qcd53hEcD8w?si=7XrMiM1WckAS1t3Y

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Re: Hi-Fi Cave’s Review of the Sarah 300B
Reply #1 - 03/08/24 at 14:36:47

What I really appreciated about this video and I wish more reviews would do is discuss how different tubes change the sound of the amp. I'm always a bit bothered when a reviewer gets an amp and never tries other tubes.

It's sort of a double review. Talking about how the different tubes sound and interact with the amp.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/08/24 at 16:45:11

Yeah, I too appreciated the comparison. It didn’t help my urge to try out the Cryotone 300B!

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/08/24 at 18:46:58

Thank you for that link kamran Smiley Another of the many fantastic reviews. I did leave a note on YT.  ~Mike

IP Logged
Coqui
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 03/08/24 at 22:12:33

I really liked Loic's review of the Sarah! Does anybody knows the preamp he was using? I am curious because some people say that the Sarah sounds better without an preamplifier. I have an Aric Super 6SN7 Linestage preamp waiting for a Rachael but I am considering getting a Sarah instead. I would not do it if the Sarah truly sounds better without an preamp because I don't want to waste the money I invested in the Aric preamp. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ramón

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #5 - 03/09/24 at 03:52:09

The only way a preamp is going to make it sound better is if it makes your source sound better or it softens the blow of an otherwise sharp room.

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #6 - 03/09/24 at 18:00:55

Great review!  

I think when he said 30 days he was probably going from "parts pulled" to all the stages it goes through until it is finally ready to ship, which I'm sure is about 30 days.

Steve : )

WWW   IP Logged
Loic
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 03/11/24 at 17:43:55

If anyone is curious still about the preamp I use with the Sarah, made a second video.

Inwould post the link but my “probation” is not done yet, so I dont have the rights yet to share a link.  (Good security).

I use a Melody 1688 signature

The second video i talk about the sound differences with my pre vs without, and some of the tube rolling possibilities.

Although I mispoke about the Vr tubes, I said they all had to be matched. But I have re-read the manual, and it’s not exactly that. Considering its not causing a risk of damage on the amp by always having them matched in those 3 slots, I did not remake the video just for that line and thise who read the manual will know what they can do.

I find it flabergasting still that many say a rectifier makes no sonic differences but these same people seem to have tube rolled everything else. Heck, even the same type recrifier of different brands makes a difference  
Anyway, dont want to start rants, wont say more. Smiley

What a fantastic amplifier!

IP Logged
Coqui
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 03/11/24 at 19:58:26

Hey Loic,

I'm a big fan of your reviews! I don't mind if you use dessert comparisons to describe the sound:). Seriously, I find your reviews to be more than just funny, they are very informative; they are like decadent creme brulee !!

Ramón

IP Logged
1stwattlife

Reply #9 - 03/14/24 at 19:11:47

Loic,

I too also 'liked and subscribed'; good stuff, man! Enjoyable and informative! I would 'share', but have no social media presence, unless the Decware forum counts!

Thank you for being a a good content creator!

I am working through your older videos as I get time.

The cave... is wicked sweet! I love the ceiling/room treatment! Stylish!! I wish I could visit in person!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print