05/03/24 at 20:06:59 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZTPre for sale (Read 2266 times)
Keith
Verified Member

ZTPre for sale
08/27/23 at 03:26:46

I recently picked up a Chord Mscaler and Hugott2 at a great price and I am now using the Hugo as a preamp.
The ZTPre was built 2/2018, number 15. it has the copper foil beeswax caps, one RCA input, 2 XLR inputs and the remote volume control. Black knobs with a black face plate. I am the original owner.
It's a great preamp that expanded the sound stage when I used it with my original dac, but with the new rig it is no longer being used and deserves a good home.
I will ship it in a Pelican 1550 case. $3700 USD + shipping. PM with email for pics. Cheers

IP Logged
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Re: ZTPre for sale
Reply #1 - 08/29/23 at 12:10:40

Thanks Keith for the info.  So you're using the pre amp in the Hugo TT2 instead of the ZTPre?

Ever since I started working on my front end which included the Qutest and Hugo M-Scaler (add some pricey cables between the two)  I've decided to go the distance and get the Dave which also has a pre amp section.  I was going  keep the CSP3A in the chain but the reports on the EMIA and icOn have peaked my interest.  So it will be a work in progress for some time yet.

IP Logged
Keith
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 08/29/23 at 21:09:12

Hi Joman
The combination of the Mscaller and the Hugott2 is so detailed that I found the ZTPre removed a bit of the detail. I had an original Hugo in the chain and the ZTPre was great for expanding the sound stage and Musicality (?) to the sound. Really enjoyed that combo. The new setup just takes it to the next level. I'm really enjoying the sound.The Dave will be even more revealing.. Please let me know how you like the new setup.

IP Logged
Carlsbad
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/02/23 at 22:01:29

Keith,
I use DAVE and M-scaler and DAVE is my preamp.  It is invisible as a pre and allows the DAC and amp to shine.

Jerry

Decware SE84UFO w/20th mods
Grimm MU1 Streamer
Lampizator Golden Gate 3 DAC
Tekton Encore Speakers
  IP Logged
kcbuggs
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 09/15/23 at 15:59:40

Do you still have this for sale?

IP Logged
kcbuggs
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 09/15/23 at 16:07:43

Posting a 2nd time so I can pm you.

IP Logged
Keith
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 09/18/23 at 20:27:01

New Deal
The pre amp is still for sale
I have decided to sell the Ztpre along with the Zbit and 2 Audio Sensibility OCC Silver XLR cables 31" for 4K USD. I will pay for shipping back to Decware. This package is worth 6K new. and no waiting! Cheers

IP Logged
Keith
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 09/19/23 at 00:37:10

IP Logged
Keith
Verified Member

Re: ZTPre for sale Sold
Reply #8 - 09/19/23 at 03:39:29

ZTpre and Zbit have been sold, Thanks

IP Logged