Send Topic Print
Soundstage (Read 983 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Soundstage
08/20/23 at 03:18:51

Tonight I had the pleasure of listening to the Sarah 300B driving the new HRv2 loudspeakers playing the direct metal mastered LP called 'Life Colors' by Chick Loeb.  Just incredible.  The speakers are 7 feet apart, I am 8 feet back, and the soundstage is 17 feet wide with incredible layering and depth.  It's the kind of sound and imaging that I fantasize about when I'm listening to something that isn't quite doing it.

I decided to ask Chat GPT to define a soundstage in one paragraph and this is what it said:

"In the realm of audiophilia, the term "soundstage" transcends mere auditory experience, elevating the appreciation of music to a multisensory journey. Soundstage refers to the spatial dimensionality and placement of audio elements within the sonic landscape. When meticulously engineered, a remarkable soundstage transports listeners to virtual realms where instruments and vocals materialize with vivid realism. The breadth, depth, and height of this auditory canvas allow for the perception of not just sound, but also the physical space in which it was recorded. Audiophiles seek out systems and recordings capable of delivering a captivating soundstage, where sonic entities are precisely positioned, enabling an immersive and almost tangible encounter with the music as if being enveloped within the very studio or concert hall where it was born."

Not bad.

WWW   IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Re: Soundstage
Reply #1 - 08/20/23 at 04:06:54

Wow—that’s an excellent definition. Thx for sharing!

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Re: Soundstage
Reply #2 - 08/20/23 at 17:55:41

KEF LS50 wireless 2 w/KC62 sub
Analog Ethos select series 2a3>Decware HDT-v2
Dennis Had Inspire 6FLV-v>Decware T6
Shanling STP10>Klipsh forté IV