Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 06:09:54 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Name off list withdrawal symptoms (Read 2001 times)
Herbert Kelly
Verified Member

Name off list withdrawal symptoms
05/20/23 at 22:16:42

So after checking my progress over the last 18 or so months my order is now in "packing and shipping" Cheesy

It is an odd feeling, almost feel like I should order another amp / pre-amp so I can be on the list again hahahaa

IP Logged
Herbert Kelly
Verified Member

Re: Name off list withdrawal symptoms
Reply #1 - 05/20/23 at 22:22:17

Thinking CSP325 is the way to go for a great pairing with my SE84UFO25 Cheesy

IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/20/23 at 22:35:18

Go for it! Do not hesitate. Do it NOW!!!    [smiley=lolk.gif] Tongue

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 05/20/23 at 22:53:30

That would certainly be a fantastic pairing.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 05/20/23 at 23:47:09

lazb wrote on 05/20/23 at 22:35:18:
Go for it! Do not hesitate. Do it NOW!!!    [smiley=lolk.gif] Tongue

I am concurring, do it now!

I see the right idea right in front of me.
I need to sell something first, like my '70 Chevelle SS, which sits in a storage building more than half the year. She needs a more loving home than I can provide at my position in life.

I love it and it will be difficult to part with, but a Sarah, ZRock and phono pre are on my list, too.

Smiley

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
Herbert Kelly
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 05/20/23 at 23:53:03

Haha, I am currently running Klipsch Forte IVs and LOVE them but since I have moved into a bigger space the LaScala is looking so damn interesting but I think I will get the amp / pre amp first.

Forte's should have a good resell value I am hoping.

IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #6 - 05/21/23 at 16:18:55

Holy Toledo Mr. Same old DD, that’s crazy talk that I find disturbing. I don’t know the attachment you have to the SS, but if I had any “history” with the vehicle, selling it would leave a hole in my soul! Just the other day I accused Mr. Deckert of owning a Chevelle. I believe his response was “Nope, a 72 Monte Carlo I’ve had since I was 15”. Cool beans, I was very hard on cars till my late 20’s. And sadly there are some sweetie pies gone forever because of my abuse. Please be kind to the old girl & take her out & give her some beans & remember all she has done for you in the past.
I may be full of BS, but these are my thoughts on that matter.

I’ve a friend whose motto is “Launch at red line & fix what doesn’t like that”
I’m not that bad but food for thought. Yea haw, so to speak, Ralph

KEF LS50 wireless 2 w/KC62 sub
Analog Ethos select series 2a3>Decware HDT-v2
Dennis Had Inspire 6FLV-v>Decware T6
Shanling STP10>Klipsh forté IV
Dennis Had 300PSE>Decware DNA 2
IPad mini>Audio Quest Dragonfly cobalt>Focal Clear
Willsenton R300>Bose 601-II
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 05/21/23 at 21:24:24

Don't worry, BlackBess, no reason to be disturbed. I bought this car just over six years ago.
I bought it partway through a restore as an investment.
I have spent a great deal of time dolling it up though. That's about as close to a connection as I have to this car. I do love it! She will show her stuff if I make the call. MAN! Can she answer the call!!

She's not original; she's a hotrod! A damn good one! But, I've run my course, pal.
... and I don't think you're full of BS at all.

It had engine, running gear, suspension, disc brakes, paint and upholstery done already, but the guys had not really done a very good job of aligning things when they put it all back together. And "The Pretty" touch was not done yet, at all.

The doors, hood and trunk were all wonky and every light needed some tweaks, too. It was missing some trim and gaskets around lights and stuff.
But the guy who owned it was tired of working on it and about to have a baby. His life had changed. He had a lot done, but there was more to do!
I gave him his asking price, less a small concession for "cash today."
It was still a bargain.

But, as I mentioned, my beautiful blue Chevelle lives in a storage building, largish, which I had double use as a garage shop, but I also had room to pull it out when I needed to "sight down" something to correct the alignment and fit of the doors and hood.

I also did a lot of detailing everywhere to everything that I could shine up or accent with tints or paint colors, re-routing lines for a more sanitary appearance. Shined up all the connections under the hood.
Took out all the door latches, hood latch, trunk latch, disassembled them completely, pins and springs and all, rebuilt them replaced the springs, primed and painted them for longevity and them got them back into perfect adjustment so they work better than new.  
It took years to make it the way I wanted it.

It has been a fun project and I have had some stomach churning thrills driving this beastly gal.

Overall feeling is that I have had my part in the restoration bringing her back to a level of pride for all to behold. I have turned down offers for more than $20K over what I gave for her.
She just makes a nice showing with all the detail I have put in to her, but mainly just all that she is.

Some of the trim pieces were a little pricey, but I could find them.
One of my hotrod buddies has a '67 Chevelle and another has a '68 Cuda and neither can find squat for their cars, other than mechanical stuff. Looking for trim pieces, they're screwed.
One other is finishing up putting together a '55 Nomad and the after market reproduction companies are full of anything he can think of to replace or upgrade.
A more popular car model for sure.

Anyway, I have done my part and I believe this car has served my needs. Sure a few burning tears want to bubble up even at the thought of missing her, but she deserves a better home and I do love her. So I will be prancing her around the car clubs this summer.

As with the guy I bought the car from, my life has changed.
I am retired now, I have (a year ago) bought a new home and I have focus elsewhere.
My newest project is making this home ours for all the rest of my time.

So, don't be disturbed. Think of my decision as grabbing fourth gear with the wheels still spinning and clocking another twelve second quarter mile.
Grin

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 05/21/23 at 21:45:44

HK, I'm expecting that your Forte IVs will hold a decent resale value for a few years.

It is some of the older vintage Klipsch that seem to belly up in the market.

But if you like them, you might want to hang on to them until the rest of your system falls into place.
With the plan you've lain out, you might just have the best sounding Fortes out there.

Good luck either way you go.

IP Logged
1stwattlife

Reply #9 - 08/20/23 at 19:25:48

"Thinking CSP325 is the way to go for a great pairing with my SE84UFO25"

I have heard this combination, and it is my opinion that there is no way that you would be disappointed. NONE. However, that is my opinion, and these things are subjective. To be honest when this combo was put on after hearing the the UFO25 and loving it, I audibly gasped and I swear my heart skipped a beat. It was amazing!  lol truly a killer setup.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print