Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/03/24 at 23:17:01 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wanting to buy used ZP3 (Read 1699 times)
DonnieB
Verified Member

Wanting to buy used ZP3
07/31/23 at 01:34:33

Please let me know if you can help me. i'm making a solid effort in building a system, just bought a Rachael amplifier from the forum that i'm vary excited about it will be paired with audio technica 60th anniversary turntable. i'll also need a ZMC (i think?) but trying to figure out which one if in fact its needed. Speakers are Tekton Double impact. Thank you for product or any advice.

IP Logged
funch
Seasoned Member

Re: Wanting to buy used ZP3
Reply #1 - 07/31/23 at 05:14:44

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #2 - 07/31/23 at 06:36:30

Nice response funch! Smiley

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
DonnieB
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 07/31/23 at 14:51:35

Thank you funch ! I messaged ZP3 owner and will now wait to hear back.

IP Logged
DonnieB
Verified Member

Re: Wanting to buy used ZP3- !!GOT ONE!!
Reply #4 - 08/05/23 at 21:42:20

Thank you for those who helped me my request has been filled. Amazing  people and knowledge here on this great Decware site!

IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 08/05/23 at 23:07:58

Congrats! That didn’t take too long. Now let the tube rolling madness begin!

Did you figure out the ZMC? I wanted one for a bit and wasn’t sure which one I needed. I ended up with a Ned Clayton Cinemag SUT that has 4 different settings and I’m glad I did. The whole time I was thinking I needed 1:20 and that would have been a mistake as 1:10 is the sweet spot for me.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
DonnieB
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 08/24/23 at 03:12:26

Hi Sean, I bought Rachael amp then quickly found ZP3 lucky i guess... seller also sold me ZMC with ZP3 turns out i really didn't need ZMC due to MM cartridge on my ATLP2022 turntable (seller told me he didn't think i needed it but i wanted to buy it just incase). So now i have options keeping ZMC and buying MC cartridge or selling it. Here it sits which is not a problem, either way i'm really happy. Everyone i bought from through Decware forum were VERY helpful! AMP and ZP3 are at Decware being upgraded as we speak. I live just 15 minutes from Decware! Added bonus when i dropped off equipment i got to spend time with Steve, Steve is a wonderful Guy modest, genuine, super intelligent he really knows his equipment (characteristics i'm sure you have already heard). Decware listening room is Amazing staff is wonderful! Thank you for checking in   - Happy Listening!!!

IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 08/28/23 at 19:41:03

Donnie, sorry for the delay getting back. If you have no experience with moving coils it can be a real challenge. For me, when it all comes together correctly it's very rewarding. If you're a casual listener or just sometimes listen to vinyl I'd stick with a moving magnet.

First step is determine which ZMC you have.

Now you can pick a cartridge to match according to that chart. I use a AT OC9/III. Not the be all, end all cart but I heard one at a friend's house and it was the sound I wanted.

I see you have Double Impacts, I've got Pendragons. I'm not 100% certain of this, maybe someone else can chime in. Before the ZP3 I had a Jolida JD9. The JD9 has a lot of gain and coupled with mid 90db speakers it was just too overpowering or overdriven vs relaxed and spacious. Once I got the ZP3 and the Cinemag SUT everything became smooth, settled, and inviting. My theory or guess is with high efficiency speakers you need to be careful with voltage going to the amp, too much and it can really make the speakers scream...some may like that, it wasn't good for me.

Hopefully that helps some.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print