04/29/24 at 14:12:27 

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Decfest 2023 (Read 26075 times)
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Re: Decfest 2023
Reply #50 - 09/14/23 at 14:21:19

Hello.  I am cautious to comment as I don't want to impart negative vibes to the discussion and event, but just to throw the thought out there:  Cameras, wifi, are all things I'm trying to get away from when sitting around a campfire.  Why not have a televised debate in a properly lit space with all the modern data and electrical connections and keep the campfire a private and intimate setting?

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #51 - 09/14/23 at 14:47:02

I think it should be done wherever Steve and Don are most comfortable. It can be tough to be on the spot answering questions in front of a camera to begin with.

Production value should be a secondary concern.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Paul2

Second Hand Rose

Reply #52 - 09/14/23 at 18:18:07

We have had the live feed for a few years.  I for one have really enjoyed that feature.

Kamron has an excellent plan to enhance the concept.  Granted, he might not be John Houston, but I say give him a chance.  The idea of using a bright stage light and a white screen should help.

Some of the best advice I have heard has come from around that fire pit.  Besides, it's warm on a cool night.

"Thoughts"

Roon Nucleus, Eversolo A6 ME, ZRock, CSP, SE84 UFO, TubeTots
Small treated room
  IP Logged
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Reply #53 - 09/17/23 at 12:04:37

Quote:
I’m actually contemplating whether it makes sense to have my Sarah go straight to Don (perhaps he can drive it back to Texas!) and just get it cryo’d from the get go vs. having to disrupt my listening sessions for a few weeks later down the road.

I've been catching up on this thread and so late to add based on my experience... JUST DO IT!

I've been focused on getting this old house renovated and in November I get my sound room.  The plan is to get the Wathen Dipole speakers and with that I have this nagging debate in the back of my "unique" mind... should I get a second UFO25 or get the SARAH????????????????????????????????? (right now I'm leaning to the second UFO25 option)

Based on my discussions with Don a single UFO25 will run the Dipoles no problem.  Lately I've been spending a lot of time and money on my digital front end with results that are nothing short of stunning.  The thought started to percolate that adding another UFO25 or the SARAH might be the "cherry on the whipped cream".

If I decide to opt for either of those options what I can state for certainty is that either will be going straight to Wathen from Decware for processing.  (Love to be at Decfest this year with Don and the goodies he's bringing😢)

IP Logged
1stwattlife

Reply #54 - 09/17/23 at 14:23:19

Que sera sera...
Whatever will be will be...

However the technical end of things works out, we will all be better on the other side of it. I have the sneaking suspicion that many of the folks involved with the fest are all experienced at getting things done and making things happen in real life, on top of now at least a few folks have over a decade of decfesting experience.

I should be in the area and at the event this year for the first time. I ended up with C19 last year and could not attend and am VERY exited to meet up with everyone!

I have only a very limited amount of people in my everyday life that can relate to audio sound and systems and those conversations stay quite shallow.

Its only a few weeks now and I am FREAKING OUT!!!

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #55 - 09/17/23 at 15:48:55

Quote:
Posted by: JOMAN      Posted on: Today at 04:04:37

...should I get a second UFO25 or get the SARAH????????????????????????????????? (right now I'm leaning to the second UFO25 option)...

?!?!?!?!?

Don't want to hijack this thread, but this is an interesting development indeed.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #56 - 09/17/23 at 20:54:11

Also, not to derail the thread any further but to close out my thought process:

Thx Joman (I PM’d you as well). The secondary consideration is the 30 day money back guarantee (less a 10% restock fees) post shipping from Decware. If I send the amp directly, I’ll be out of that 30 day period (God forbid I need to change directions). So I’m thinking that I’ll get the amp and figure out the cryo thing next year. This means I’m going to look into getting another amp (perhaps SS for the summer period) so the wait time is not too disruptive.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #57 - 09/21/23 at 02:20:06

Guys, I haven’t received a single question for Steve and Don yet.  I know you have questions, so let’s help a brother out.  Otherwise, I’ll just have to come up with all the questions myself.  I’ve already started a list but haven’t made much progress as I am distracted with my home renovation project.

I am going to investigate getting the full version of Zoom so we can attempt at a livestream using my iPad—no guarantees, but will give it my best shot.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #58 - 09/21/23 at 03:47:48

Thanks for inviting questions, if you had before,  I missed it. I will send you some more this week.  In the mean time,  I would like ask both to comment on their hearing. Do they think it is better than average or did they recognize early in life that they were gifted?  Has the work made them better listeners and in what ways. Can they suggest how to improve one's listening skills? When do they listen for pleasure, not necessarily connected to work?

I will give thought to some more technical questions,  but as a psychologist I'm curious about the people too.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #59 - 09/22/23 at 01:09:12

Excellent question Tony – for additional questions feel free to PM me and I can give you my email address. Steve prefers this unscripted, so I rather not publish the questions publicly on the thread. I’ll be sure to give you credit when I ask.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #60 - 09/28/23 at 04:09:24

About a week left before I hop on a flight—simultaneously excited to reconnect and a bit nervous waiting for questions that I can add for the fireside chat.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #61 - 09/29/23 at 00:42:03

Ok good news and bad news.  Good news is that I received a bunch of great questions in one fell swoop by a member (who shall by his request, will go unnamed).  Combined with my several questions and the one sent over by Tony, I now have about 17 really good questions.  That doesn’t mean there is no room for additional questions, so if your’s still sitting on the sidelines, get Jiggy with it!

Bad news: I tested the iPad and iPhone in low light questions and it left a lot to be desired in terms of both audio and video.  I’m abandoning the idea of a live stream, which would involve both expense (subscribing to Zoom’s paid tier) and gear (mic and tripod) in less than ideal conditions.  That said, members are encouraged to record choice clips from their phones.  In fact, I’d like someone to record me asking a question or two for my own viewing pleasure later down the road.  We can send these clips to Steve and let him gauge whether they are good enough for sharing on his YT channel.   This will allow me to just focus on moderating the chat.

I do plan to take a lot more pics this time around to have a pictorial summary of the event.  Let’s put that iPhone 15 Pro to good use…

Looking forward!

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #62 - 09/29/23 at 12:58:26

Kamran, Thanks for doing the leg work on this. Without the technology piece it will be a "true" fire side chat which will be a great for the people attending. For the people who cannot make it, it's a bummer but it would also be frustrating if the audio and video didn't capture well. Anyone have the equipment and willing to record next year?

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #63 - 09/29/23 at 13:49:07

Kamran,

While the newer cell phones out there do a good job of recording audio, you can do a lot better with a minimal investment.  Look into a battery powered Lavalier mic that you can plug into your cell phone.  The quality of your audio will sound considerably better.  You just have to decide if you want a mic that is directional or omni directional.  

Don’t you live in NJ?  Shoot me a PM. If you want I could send you mine to try out…and if you like it, you could buy one for yourself.  If there is not enough time before you leave…you could use mine at Decfest.  

Mine is a Aputure A. Lav Omni directional mic.  Not sure if mine is available anymore, but you can do a search for lavalier mics…word of advice just get one that is hard wired to you phone vs a Bluetooth version.  I think that you will get better results.  The company Shure, Sennheiser, Rode, and Diety are very popular companies…so maybe take a look there.  The Sweetwater website is a good place to start.    Mine is tailored for cell phones…so just make sure that it’s specified for that purpose.  The battery powered ones are nice since it doesn’t consume any power from your cell phones battery.  

When I attended Decfest like 4 years ago…I took a bunch of video clips that I had posted on YouTube.  I wish I would have had that lavalier mic for those recordings.  So when you are sitting in the Decware main room and listening to music…make some video recordings with the Lavalier mic attached….they will come out great.  

here is a link to my microphone…

I found my mic online at this website if you are so inclined to buy it…

https://avlgear.com/product/aputure-a-lav-trrs-connector-compatible-omnidirectio...
nal-lavalier-microphone/

Do your due diligence and read up these mics…they can get quite technical.  You may need an adapter cable to go from the mic into your cell phone depending on what brand cell phone you have,  and what accessory cables the mic comes with in its package.  My apologies in advance if I am taking down a rabbit hole.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #64 - 09/29/23 at 14:53:46

Dominick, I’ve been actually been meaning to reach out to you considering we both live in NJ.  We should try and do a local Decware meetup later this year.

Thx for the suggestion for using a mic.  Unfortunately, between the house restoration and work, I’m going to be slammed until I fly out for Peoria and won’t have the time to properly get acquainted with the gear.  Problem #2 is that I can’t be in two places at once—in an ideal world—while I’m concentrating on moderating the chat, there needs to be a volunteer (with the right gear) who is managing the stream.  On top of it, we are battling low light conditions.  Even if we could get the audio right, it would be semi unwatchable based on my test last night.  I say let us get our bearings this year, run a few test clips from our respective phones and come prepared next year.  Who knows—if this is a success, Steve might even build an outdoor shooting rig for us!

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #65 - 09/29/23 at 21:22:45

Kamran,

I would be totally up for an audio listening session. After December 13th I will be free from taking all of my tests for my upcoming promotional exam, so we can table that for a later date for sure.  

As far as the interviews… I think that’s a great idea on using this year as a test run to work out the kinks.  I came really close on getting an audio channel mixer for trying explore podcast and social media work, so maybe by next year I’ll have that covered.  I love the interview idea… so hopefully by next year all of the prep work and testing will pay off.  

I was supposed to this year, but this promotional exam has sidelined me from going. But I will take some time to enjoy the livestream.   I can still remember my first Decfest…it was truly a phenomenal experience that I’ll never forget.

Enjoy,
Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #66 - 09/30/23 at 16:39:01

Sounds like a plan Dom—Good luck with your exams!  Hopefully, by that time, my national nightmare, which is the house remodel, will also be complete.

And yes, this year’s fest will be a great opportunity to figure out the kinks and come prepared next year.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #67 - 10/04/23 at 21:35:31

I will not be able to make it this year because of a car accident today. It is basically a super fender bender that makes the car unusable at night and during rain. No injuries.
Have a zen time.
John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
jpv
Seasoned Member

Cause inside
everyone is a heavy
metal kid

Reply #68 - 10/04/23 at 21:40:18

Sorry to hear at. Hope all else is OK with you.

VPI Scoutmaster, Grado Master3, Odyssey Candela Preamp and Suspiro phono preamp Counterpoint NP100 amp (modded by Altavista Audio), Goldenear Triton One speakers, CD240 CDP, Lots of room treatment. Anti-cable sp cables and IC, Decware IC, ZKit 1, ZDAC.
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #69 - 10/04/23 at 21:43:58

John, I’m sorry to hear that but glad you are OK. Thx for the heads up. I’m going to post pics in this thread from the fest, so you can still feel connected.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #70 - 10/04/23 at 22:20:37

John: so glad to hear no one it seems was hurt. Hope all goes well with repairs etc.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #71 - 10/05/23 at 15:56:38

If I may....This will be my first time at a DECFEST.  With regards to logistics, will there be parking be available for us coming with a car? Any other logistical information would be appreciated!
John, sorry that you wont be able to come but glad everything is ok.  But looking forward to meeting everyone and I hope to learn more from you all.  
Bob

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #72 - 10/05/23 at 16:14:44

There is parking available.  Last year, I think there was yellow tape indicating where you can park on Steve's property.  There is also parking on the road for overflow.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #73 - 10/05/23 at 16:22:50

Hi Bob, there is plenty of parking around Steve’s property so shouldn’t be a problem. I parked there last year without any issues. Looking forward to connecting soon!

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #74 - 10/05/23 at 16:33:19

Kam and Pal,
Thanks for the info!  See ya all tomorrow!
Bob

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #75 - 10/05/23 at 17:17:34

When you get there, first stop should be to go into the main building and grab a name badge in the little alcove.  People either put their first name and/or the screen name.  From there you will just go through the next door and you’ll see the listening room to the right.  To get in to that room, you keep going and take a right through shop and you’ll see the entrance.  Generally people stand in the rear of the listening room and often people will give up seats in the sweet spot.  Often Steve or one of the fest Veterens will be “running the room.”  You can make requests to hear different gear configurations.   Almost always they will eventually get to your request.

Outside of the main building you’ll see smaller shed.  That is typically where Randy of Caintuck Audio is set up demoing his open baffle speakers.  There is another building behind the main building that is Steve’s wood shop.  Sometimes he converts this into a listening space.

Restroom is in the back of the main building.  They have had porta potty’s on the side of the main building.  

You’ll note there are coolers with various beverages outside the main building.   Devon usually has a tent set up outside where food is served.

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #76 - 10/05/23 at 17:40:27

Pal!  Great info.  Thanks again!
Bob

IP Logged
The other Lon

Reply #77 - 10/05/23 at 20:37:14

For those going. If you happen to listen to the HR-2’s, if available, and through a Torii MKV (even better) and would like to spend time posting your thoughts it would be greatly appreciated. Really thinking the HR-2’s are where I want to go.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #78 - 10/05/23 at 21:50:58

That was a great explanatory post Tom—I wish we could pin this on the top of the thread. I plan to steal it for next year!

Following tradition, I am posting a pre-boarding selfie. My journey actually started at 12 PM Eastern involving two trains and an Uber ride to Philly airport. Would love to see selfies of more folks attending as part of an ice breaker of sorts prior to the fest! See you guys tomorrow!

IP Logged
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Reply #79 - 10/05/23 at 21:52:26

My word I’m going to miss seeing all of you this year. It’ll be the first fest I’ve missed in a decade. So sad I’ll miss the Deckert family and all the great smiles of all you guys.

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #80 - 10/05/23 at 22:08:36

It shall not be the same without LFD.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #81 - 10/05/23 at 22:12:38

Darn it-going to miss you Dan!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #82 - 10/05/23 at 22:17:54

Nice photo Kam. Have a great time all!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
LiquidBlue

Reply #83 - 10/05/23 at 22:37:47

Major FOMO going on right now. Have a great time everyone! Perhaps next year I will attend my first DecFest.

Mofi Ultradeck w/ Hana ML>Sutherland Insight>Eversolo DMP-A6>CSP3-A>SE84UFO25>Energy Veritas>REL T7i
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #84 - 10/06/23 at 01:49:19

I hope that everyone has a great time at the 'Fest this year!

This will be the first one I've missed in well over a decade.

Lot's of great memories come flooding back though.

The bass output of the Imperials, my garbage can "Boom Box", but mostly the people.

Well hopefully we will be able to get back on the horse next year!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #85 - 10/06/23 at 01:59:29

Will miss you Donnie.  I’ll be the guy hogging the sweet spot on the live feed.

IP Logged
charles hidalgo
Seasoned Member

Reply #86 - 10/06/23 at 03:05:28

Steve....It's a tough one, not going this year. This was to be my first, and I have so many reasons to go. Hopefully I'll be there in the next few months if all goes well to audition the Headwreckers and other magical items whatever they may be. I'd love to see where so much of my happiness is designed, and brought to life.

To everyone else I'll be tuning in. Have fun!!

Charlie

SEWE300B #004
HDTv2
Zbit
Schiit Freya+
Schiit Loki Max
EverSolo Streamer/DAC combo
Custom AT turntable
Softone phone stage
TEAC and Otari tape machines
SVS Pro 1000 subs
Nordost cables
WWW   IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #87 - 10/07/23 at 00:22:19

For those at home looking to enjoy Decfest…here is the link to the livestream.

https://www.decwareproducts.com/livestream

I am currently watching this on my big screen TV with the sound going from the optical out of my TV into my Schiit Bifrost 2 DAC, and then into my reference system.  The sound is pretty good, just a little bass heavy on my end (probably from the overhead mic’s sensitivity),  and I have to crank up the sound on my preamp a bit higher than normal due to the TV optical connection.    

It’s great to see that the house cat is out and about, and guys are enjoying the main room. Brings back memories!

For all those in attendance, have a great time!

Dom

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #88 - 10/07/23 at 00:34:56

IP Logged
Paul2

Second Hand Rose

Reply #89 - 10/07/23 at 00:43:49

In case there is anyone attending the Decfest that might wish to purchase a SE84UFO amp and take it home with you, I just listed one of mine here on the forum.

I live within driving distance and could deliver it to the fest Saturday or Sunday.

I think we could work out the PayPal business.

Fantastic amplifier and NO waiting or shipping cost.

Roon Nucleus, Eversolo A6 ME, ZRock, CSP, SE84 UFO, TubeTots
Small treated room
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #90 - 10/07/23 at 01:15:49

Thanks for the pictures Kamran. Really helps those of us that can’t attend, identify better. Especially pics of the separate listening buildings.

I’m watching the live feed, off and on.

Best,

Geno

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #91 - 10/07/23 at 04:08:07

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #92 - 10/07/23 at 06:30:23

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #93 - 10/07/23 at 08:49:57

Ditto what Geno said. Seeing a lot of familiar faces. Temped to jump in the rental and join you all. The better half did not like the idea of it. Almost 70 and still seem to find a way to the dog house.

Next year.

Enjoy!

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #94 - 10/07/23 at 21:23:38

I am curious about the hanging tube looking things near the back of the room. I've seen others in places around the room.

I would like to know the purpose. I can see they are damped somewhat, but even then they must make an enormous resonant sound.

My wife will sometimes recognize me deep in a listening mode and bring a drink to set on my side table.
She is the sweetest person I know! I could not live without her!

But, I can hear the glass, then. The glass becomes another resonant source within the room. Not always unpleasant, but always a distraction from my speaker system. And the resonance changes as I drink down the glass.

I know my ears are very old, abused in my youth and quite tired, but they can still hear, identify and place things like that.

I can not imagine how metal tubes can do anything helpful to room acoustics.
Please explain it to me.
Enlighten this old "set in his ways"  "get off my lawn" salty crust about such things, please.

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
DanG
Verified Member

Reply #95 - 10/08/23 at 01:42:03

Just like Same Old DD, I too have a question about the room.

Please give us details about the amount of room treatment in the main room, and the shed (I know the shed is treated with just the bare insulation, apparently to great effect).

In the main room, is just about every inch of wall treated?

Thanks.

Dan

Well Tempered Lab Amadeus MK2 Turntable, Stereo & Mono carts, ZP3, SE84UFO, Lii Song Origin S-10, Audio Note CD1.1x
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #96 - 10/08/23 at 21:58:42

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #97 - 10/08/23 at 22:01:34

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #98 - 10/08/23 at 22:21:47

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #99 - 10/09/23 at 00:37:21

Great shots Kamran!!  Love the fireside pictures!!  Sounds like you had a great time…. as anticipated.  I watched some of the video footage and I really wish Imcluld have attended this year.  I remember back 10 years ago when Steve used to leave the life feed on continuously for the entire weekend.  That’s what I miss as opposed to watching the video clips.  

When you get some time….please compose a write up of your experience.

Dom

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print