05/02/24 at 07:49:52 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Home Theatre with SET (Read 1002 times)
Carlsbad
Seasoned Member

Home Theatre with SET
06/22/23 at 18:12:05

I've long driven the front pair of speakers for home theatre with my 2 channel amp.  I run an low level analog signal from my HT amp to one of the inputs of my 2 channel amp.   I balance the front speakers using that function in my HT amp.  

Night before last I watched Guardians of the Galaxy at theatre volume levels.  The house shook during the battle scenes.  

I was driving the front speakers with my 2.3 wpc SE84UFO.  My fronts are 96dB Tekton Encores.  140lbs and very sensitive speakers able to rock the house with minimum power.  

The SE84UFO is just amazing.

Jerry

Decware SE84UFO w/20th mods
Grimm MU1 Streamer
Lampizator Golden Gate 3 DAC
Tekton Encore Speakers
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Re: Home Theatre with SET
Reply #1 - 06/23/23 at 05:46:30

Jerry,

I sometimes run my 2 channel rig through my for home theater, and the sound is just amazing!!  I am only running the optical signal from my cable box/TV to my DAC.

Sometimes I run it through a my pair SE84C+ that are fully upgraded with the Anniversary mods configured as mono’s, and sometimes I run it through my Torii MKIV.  I just depends what I have hooked up through my ERR’s.  

The best part is that with my radial speakers, the sound envelops the room so well, that I feel it’s better than my 7.1 surround sound system.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Carlsbad
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 06/27/23 at 18:09:28

I too have the optical 2 channel cable from the TV back to my DAC.  This I can use by just changing the input on my DAC with the remote.  I use this for watching normal TV and of course gives great 2 channel sound.

But the 7.1 surround with the premium front 2 channels knocks my socks off.
Jerry

Grimm MU1 Streamer
Tekton Encore Speakers
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #3 - 07/02/23 at 00:06:25

Jerry…agreed on the 7.1 surround.  My house is wired for 7.1..but my receiver is 20 years old, so I’m only getting 5.1 right now.  No complaints..it still sounds great with my Martin Logan in wall/ceiling speakers. Bonus is that my daughter loves it when she plays her Nintendo switch.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Carlsbad
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 07/03/23 at 19:10:29

Dom,
Realize that in-wall speakers are a compromise to make wives happy. If your wife is ok, bring the wires out and use real speakers.

Grimm MU1 Streamer
Tekton Encore Speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print