Decware Audio Forums
05/03/24 at 13:57:56 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just got the zbit (Read 985 times)
JazztoGo

Just got the zbit
06/15/23 at 20:23:18

Hello everyone,  I just recieved my zbit and have to say I am very happy with it.  things just have more oomph to put it in a very fancy way to say it lol.  Still working on dialing it in but the sound just has more meat and bigger presentation.  Being able to dial in the zbit is really nice.

I have it hooked up to my audio GD R-8 MKII --zbit--zrock 2--CSP3--25th anniversary amp--omega alnico HO towers.  This just sounds right.

I have also put in my van alstine set 120 control amp inplace of the decware preamp and amp and that also sounds very good!  especially in summer heat when i want very little heat as possible lol. (van alstine barely gets warm).

have a great day

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Re: Just got the zbit
Reply #1 - 06/16/23 at 07:45:02

Hey JTG,

I couldn't agree with you more. Having the ZBit and ZRock to pump things up (especially if/when using low-powered amps) has been a game changer for me. And I have the Omega Alnico HO speakers, too, although mine are the monitors on stands.

Randy

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #2 - 06/16/23 at 14:39:40

The  ZBIT and ZROCK2 combo made a huge difference in my system.  My ZBIT has the dual stepped attenuators.  I normally run it about 8th click (80%) when listening to my mono SE84C+ amps, and then at max when I’m listening to my TORII MKIV.  Unlocking the extra voltage that your DAC puts out with the adjustability of the ZBIT gives you great flexibility.  It works wonders on these tube amps.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #3 - 06/16/23 at 20:30:32

The biggest single jump in SQ I have experienced since I started my system rebuilding project 5 years ago, was when I put the Zbit in the lineup.

Switching from unbalanced to balanced was a game changer for sure.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print