Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 07:46:10 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Static In Volume Pot (Read 1203 times)
Greg C

Static In Volume Pot
05/15/23 at 16:55:03

…noticed today that I have some static in my right volume pot on my Torri Jr…I have chicken knobs on my system, the travel starts at the 7:00 position, moving clockwise around to the 5:00 position…I set my volume to 1:00 position on both left and right and leave it for the duration of my listening session…the static on the right side volume is only in travel from 7:00 to 12:00, after that it is silent, so I’m thinking dirty pot,but….

….the question is ( without taking unit apart from base ) does Steve use sealed volume pots or are they open so that I can give them a squirt with Deoxit…if sealed I will have to go a different route

….and , if I get in to clean the volume pot, I would like to know what size driver Steve uses for screws that attach unit to wood base,  so I can use the right one, and not tear the heads up…nothing looks any worse than rounded out screw heads on a nice finished surface.
…all advice is appreciated
…thanks
…Greg

TORII JR
CSP3
ZP3
ZROCK
ZBIT
NAD C658 DAC
PIONEER RT-707
REGA PLANAR 6 / EXACT 2 MM
ERRx
SENNHEISER HD 800S
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Static In Volume Pot
Reply #1 - 05/15/23 at 20:44:07

Those pots are open alright and just a squirt of spray will do the job, but first it is worth a try to run the pot back and forth a few times, possibly cleaning off the very dirt responsible for the noise.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Greg C

Reply #2 - 05/15/23 at 21:08:43

….thanks 4krow for info…do you know what type of driver needed to remove base mount screws….it looks Square but with the Phillips cross slot.
Thanks
Greg

PS …don’t know why this post is where it’s at …thought it would be down below in general discussion

TORII JR
CSP3
ZP3
ZROCK
ZBIT
NAD C658 DAC
PIONEER RT-707
ERRx
SENNHEISER HD 800S
  IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #3 - 05/15/23 at 21:44:11

I don’t have a Decware amp, I was told today by Sarah the projected wait time was 23 months for a mid 2021 order. I’m mid 2022 & I bet there was a big bump in orders that year. You even have the fringe like me here.

But here’s this;

KEF LS50 wireless 2 w/KC62 sub
Analog Ethos select series 2a3>Decware HDT-v2
Dennis Had Inspire 6FLV-v>Decware T6
Shanling STP10>Klipsh forté IV
Dennis Had 300PSE>Decware DNA 2
IPad mini>Audio Quest Dragonfly cobalt>Focal Clear
Willsenton R300>Bose 601-II
  IP Logged
Greg C

Reply #4 - 05/15/23 at 22:11:00

…thanks BlackBess ….the one close is the Square Recess/Robertson….hopefully someone will have a done this before and let me know the set of drivers I need to get, and get the project going.
Thanks again…
Greg

TORII JR
CSP3
ZP3
ZROCK
ZBIT
NAD C658 DAC
PIONEER RT-707
ERRx
SENNHEISER HD 800S
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #5 - 05/15/23 at 22:21:00

When I owned a Decware amp both square and Phillips drives worked just fine. In fact, if you so inclined there are sets sold that have a number of available tips. If you don't tools, this is a good step to getting there. Caig De-Oxit spray may be a good cleaner to use for this. Don't just pick something up from Walmart and depend on it to be the right spray for the job. When in doubt read the manufacturer's recommendations for use.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print