Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 05:31:00 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
need help with amplifiers (Read 1423 times)
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

need help with amplifiers
05/02/23 at 23:11:15

I have two prototype speakers. One has two Skar VD-8 400RMS drivers and acts like a really long dual folded horn like the Wicked ONe 32, but with a longer horn.

Does anyone have an amp lying aroud that they're not using? I have no money right now so I will either need it to be freee or I need to wait. I get $75.oo a month on my social security income that I can choose how to use and can even to play with.

I NEED an apmlifier... I found out I can't have a saw in the Adult Family Home that I now live in, and I am waiting to hear back from a guy who has a fully functional shop to see if he can build cabinets. ONe is the Hellion Thunder, and the other one is DarkLOrd THUnder

I NEED this so I can show Car Toys my invention. (Infra-sound sub woofer) I already spent a lot of money on drivers ($320.oo) on 7 drivers. only to find out I can;t cut wood.

I also have the Hellion Thunder which plays the job of a full range with a pair of 110 watt 6x9 drivers with full range frequency capability. IT requires two of thw 8" skar drivers, and two rockville full range 6x9 drivers. as well as a Bose acoustimass 6" driver.  (yes the Hellion THUnder isdcomplicated)

If you think you can build a cabinet from my drawings then send me one. I already talked to Steve Deckert about the design. He said that if I think I can do better than the wo32 then go right ahead and do it. SO, here is my  napkin drawing... OH NO!!! I can't upload the drawings for some reason.. probably has to do with blocking popupss

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Re: need help with amplifiers
Reply #1 - 05/02/23 at 23:25:59

SO then it posts without the pictures so I had to log in with FireFox.

I WISH Steve Deckert would build it for me, but he said that he has his own box builder and has not built boxss for over 30 years.
EDIT:: He recommended that between 19 and 22 there is a driver with a gap between 20 and 12 and the6 inch bose accoustimass 6" driver fires thorugh the gap. He said to either nake a one inch hole or a gap.  

YOu should read this PDF and know that the yellow is "V" and the center of the 8" drivers is on the red line and is X is 3.8 inches, and the orange is X' and the throat of the horn...  13 thru 7 is the equivalent of "Y" read the patent her:::
https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/7d/43/05/8700aabd258b78/GB2037534A.p...

I was thinking Ican send you $75.00 when I get my money for this month if you want ot build this cabinet but then iremembered that I have to buy medicine that's $40.oo a month. I was thiking that $75.oo might pay for wood... If you want to build two and keep one for yourself ask me in email and I will send you the coordinates and the correct dimensions (pictures are not to scale)
you can reach me at battleship.walking@outlook.com

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Reply #2 - 05/03/23 at 05:10:05

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
graydavis
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 05/16/23 at 17:23:02

It's pity. I lost my amp lying aroud that they're not using for a long time. I will try to find for you.
shell shockers 2

IP Logged
Alexander Fland
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 05/23/23 at 05:56:06

I am also looking for amp. Can you help me?  [smiley=peanuts01.gif] Smiley

IP Logged
ratketyree
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 12/15/23 at 11:21:12

Poor thing. For a long time, I couldn't find my amplifier because it was lying around. Allow me to make an effort to locate it for you.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print