Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 15:49:00 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Torii Jr closing in on 100 hours (Read 457 times)
JMeader

New Torii Jr closing in on 100 hours
03/05/23 at 20:45:53

First as you approach 100 hours you do start to hear differences and they are very positive. So if you like your system before the Torii you will still like your system day one but probably not hear what you bought the amp for at first.

As I have said before before this is my first tube amp and I have no prior experience with tubes. Because of that I really thought I was in for a BIG in your face change. Day one that did not occur. The sound was still good but so was my system before. I think this is most likely because I had spent close to a month getting my La Scala's set up for my room ( pictures in earlier posts ) Since your room can play close to 50% of what you hear, and using speaker you like the sound of,  that combination does not leave much room for improvements.

Now closing in on 100 hours the changes are beginning to appear in my system in my room with my other components, everyone else will be different.

They are ; depth of sound stage. setting about 12 feet away from my speakers it sounds likes I am at a rehearsal near the back of the room and the only one there. I think some minor speaker adjustments will bring the center stage a bit more forward which I think will be more enjoyable. At times the left and right sound stage seems to be closer than the center. But depth of center sound stage was the major reason for me to get a tube amp and a Decware amp.

Sound decay, was previously not an attribute my system had. I am now experiencing it as we close in on 100 hours. The sound decay  is both say the drum stick hitting the rim and diminishing, but also the studio room with all sounds. the last part especially noticeable in quite pieces.

Warmth: I am not sure what I was expecting but to me the sound is not warmer. I think it is less sharp. Digital amps are crisp and clear and or sharp sounding. I have enjoyed that in my system before especially with my La Scala's. Now the sound is crystal clear without being sharp and with hearing the decay of the sound much preferred. I sit and listen to music for hours at a time, it is not a background noise thing for me. It is especially enjoyable when my wife joins me. I think Decware definitely increases that enjoyment

One last thing my wife asked me, are you still happy after waiting 15 months and spending almost $3,000 with shipping. The answer is Yes. I think anyone who has spent the time to build a system they like and have spent the time getting your speakers properly located will get a better sound stage, better sound decay and cleaner overall sound well worth the cost and time.

Enjoy The Music

CD's Digitized via Exact Copy
Music Files read by Audirvana Studio
on Win10 PC
Sent to Pontus 2 12th -1 via USB
out XLR to Schiit Frya S PreAmp
Torii Jr V2
to fully updated 1987 La Scala's
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Re: New Torii Jr closing in on 100 hours
Reply #1 - 03/07/23 at 13:58:52

JMeader,

Your just getting started. My amp continued to settle to for many hours after the first hundred. Fun times ahead. Nice reward after waiting so long. Solid investment. Have fun exploring your new amp.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print