Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 03:06:01 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tonight my listening room was a temple (Read 1466 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Tonight my listening room was a temple
01/23/23 at 04:50:33

It's true.  This is one of those nights when the sound that is happening in here is simply other worldly good.  I will never get used to it.  I wish I had words to describe it.  The best analogy is like a dream where things are beyond the physical but are the physical.  

This is happening with the Sarah 300B amp and the new Lii Audio Fast 15 full-range drivers in our Master Series baffles using our correction network. It's just insane.

And I have to admit once again the Cryotone 300B tubes are in the amp.  Ever have something so good you go into denial?  "It can't possibly actually be this good can it?"

It happens to me a lot.  But tonight about 10:00 P.M. it just went lucid.  Like a solar flash from the good sound fairy.  Or maybe it's aliens that are cloaked in the room bending it into a higher potential...  you know it's good when you start wondering crap like that!

Thank God for hearing and the human creative spirit that makes music so damn good!  Word is around the galaxy amongst the many races that humans have the hottest women and the best music.

And a bow to Lii Song for another special full-range driver that without Lii Song there would be no such equivalent.  No pro audio driver is going to sound like this.

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Re: Tonight my listening room was a temple
Reply #1 - 01/23/23 at 06:00:26

I hope this doesn’t get me black-balled, but word around the Galaxy(that’s who re-capped & re-woofed my 601’s) is that this meme is appropriate.

upload pictures online

Maybe I can get to the ax a pony show  in April to finally hear for myself the siren song that is Sarah.

Keep calm & diphthong,  Ralph

KEF LS50 wireless 2 w/KC62 sub
Analog Ethos select series 2a3>Decware HDT-v2
Dennis Had Inspire 6FLV-v>Decware T6
Shanling STP10>Klipsh forté IV
Dennis Had 300PSE>Decware DNA 2
IPad mini>Audio Quest Dragonfly cobalt>Focal Clear
Willsenton R300>Bose 601-II
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/23/23 at 11:04:30

Really? Galaxy won't support Otaris and the like. I like the though of exploring Illinois in April but have a month long engagement on the shores of the Yough. If you fly, pick up one of those Decware coupons to share. Steve did not have any at his affair. We should get together sometime and compare Smiley

All kidding aside there are two Decware fans on this forum that I am aware of in the Pittsburgh area. We should start a club that meets, listens, and shares war stories.

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 01/23/23 at 18:13:30

I'd love to meet up with the others in the Pittsburgh area. My setup is basically a one seater, but I have some options to convert it if needed.

Vince at Galaxy is a weird one at times. I haven't been down there in quite some time. Last time I was there he was crushed with work and getting more selective on what he worked on. Being one of the only guys in the Burgh with a store front, he gets all kinds. He bemoaned of people finding vintage receivers on craigslist that wanted them completely restored, then when they come to pick them up they scoff at the multi hundred bill.

JB, not sure if you are aware of the vintage hifi site. https://vintagehifi.audio/index.php
It's pretty dead, although there are a handful of locals who still check in. Perhaps somewhere there might "know a guy" who does work on R2R's. The site started way back when Tom had a shop (Vintage HiFi), he's since moved to Alabama or Mississippi.

And to stay on topic...I love those otherworldly times when it all lines up and simply lays waste to my senses. Doesn't happen for me every night, but when it does it makes all the insanity of sources, cables, etc just slip away.

Mofi StudioDeck, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 01/23/23 at 20:59:14

What is the “correction network”?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 01/23/23 at 21:38:18

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print