Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 11:31:28 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jupiters compared to VCaps (Read 1377 times)
priusound
Verified Member

Jupiters compared to VCaps
12/28/22 at 18:21:29

I bought a 2nd Rachael amp that came with VCaps and have done a side by side test now that the VCaps have some time on them with my stock (pre Jupiter) Rachael.  I think the VCaps bring a lot to the table.

Anyone have experience with both caps that could offer an opinion on their signatures?  I am thinking of upgrading the stock Rachael and trying to decide between the two.

priusound   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re:  Jupiters compared to VCaps
Reply #1 - 12/28/22 at 18:38:02

I remember Steve making a comment about the V-Caps in comparison with others here on the forum, you might find that if you do a search.

I don't have personal experience with the V-Caps but over the years reading impressions from others I've gotten the impression that they are perhaps a bit more revealing than the Jupiters, and perhaps a bit closer to the Miflex than the Jupiters are to the V-Caps.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
armstdav
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/29/22 at 17:26:21

I've had experience with both Jupiters and V-Caps but not in the same piece. Both my Torii Mk IV and my SE34i.2+ had the Jupiters, and I installed Jupiters in my Jolida JD-9. My Atma-Sphere MP-3 came with V-Caps, and my Atma-Sphere M-60s were upgraded with V-Caps along with the other 3.3 level changes by Ralph.

Lon's description is pretty apt, although I'd say the V-Caps provide a great deal more detail than the Jupiters, especially inner detail, without really giving up much liquidity. The V-Caps reveal much more of the differences between tubes, which is not always a good thing. The Jupiters made a huge difference in the Jolida, but it had really cheap caps from the factory. I'm guessing Steve uses better quality caps as his standard, so the difference with the Jupiters might not be as great.

Bottom line is either are a huge improvement compared to any low end cap. Hard to go wrong with either.

IP Logged
adamusa
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 06/29/23 at 08:06:26

I believe that with the information you share, it will bring a lot of value to the readers and I hope that they will absorb the good and useful things.

IP Logged
orborneee
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 07/04/23 at 16:10:05

That is all the helpful information I needed. I appreciate you sharing.

IP Logged
ratketyree
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 08/11/23 at 02:59:07

I think your readers will find a lot of value in what you have to say, and I wish them well as they take in all the helpful advice you offer.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print