Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 11:58:46 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Woodsmith Magazine DNA Build (Read 1114 times)
Waukman1
Verified Member

Woodsmith Magazine DNA Build
12/03/22 at 17:27:42

Anyone catch the DNA build in the Dec/Jan issue of Woodsmith? It may just be the photo for the mag but they show them right up against the back wall of the room. Seems the DNA's need a little space back there, no? As usual Woodcraft did a nice job on the graphics & instructions with credit to Decware but a couple things stand out to me.
There was no mention of internal damping material either in the instructions or BOM. Are the folks that build DNA's going to be disappointed in the sound because of this?
They also included plans for 17.5" tall stands. My experience with my DNA's is that they present a pretty lifelike image in spite of their 28" height so stands just eliminate the nice compact size. The stands result in a 48" tall speaker. If you're going to go with stands it seems the DNA2 at 41" is a better choice. I haven't heard the DNA2's but they appear to be superior performers. It would have been nice if the article featured the DNA2.
They also cap the speakers top and bottom with painted MDF. For the small expense hardwood caps would look much nicer.
Finally the drivers specified are the Alpair 10P which I thought Steve had upgraded to Diatone 610's but I don't see them listed on the Decware website so maybe the Alpairs remain the current configuration.
Comments welcomed,
Jim

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Woodsmith Magazine DNA Build
Reply #1 - 12/06/22 at 20:01:26

I have not seen the article yet, but definitely the cabinet needs the internal treatments.

WWW   IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/06/22 at 23:13:43

Look good but probably sound a little thin???

Tom Waits:
And the newspapers were fooling,
And the ash-trays have retired
'Cause the piano has been drinking,
The piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking,
Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #3 - 12/07/22 at 00:57:55

I would like to see a link to the article.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Waukman1
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 12/07/22 at 01:48:04

This is the website but you'd have to be a subscriber to view the article. I picked up a copy at Barnes & Noble: https://www.woodsmith.com/magazine/issue/264/

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print