Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
12/04/22 at 02:36:47 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CPS325  vs  SECOND SE84UFO25 - HELP ME PLEASE (Read 277 times)
maxmaf
Verified Member

CPS325  vs  SECOND SE84UFO25 - HELP ME PLEASE
11/19/22 at 15:20:03

Hello everyone
I write from Italy and I have been following the forum since 2020 (covid)

this is my first post and unfortunately i have to use google translate

I have had SE84ufo25 for a year which I listen to with nuprime 10h DAC
The first speakers were ob f15 LII audio but then replaced with Vrel Bequadro (94db open baffle) I will post the photos later

I'm on the waiting list for another SE84ufo25 and ZROCK2

I have a doubt, since I only listen to digital (cd, streaming and files)

1) Purchase a CPS325 to use with the SE84ufo25 I already own (the speakers are 94 db and the power with a single is sufficient - the nuprime DAC has a 2 volts and 4 volts output and the sound changes markedly and therefore I have thought that by adjusting with the decware preamp I would have more control of the sound )

2) or buy the second SE84ufo25 amplifier for biamping and hear what happens

I'd like to hear what Steve has to say about this - I've been searching the forums for months for an answer but haven't found one
Thanks to all who will answer me Smiley

nuc +roon +daphile +qobuz
numprime 10dac
se84ufo25
vrel bequadro2
  IP Logged
Doug
Seasoned Member

Re: CPS325  vs  SECOND SE84UFO25 - HELP ME PLEASE
Reply #1 - 11/20/22 at 00:08:06

Hi Maxmaf!

My set-up has similarities to yours, and I like the way you are thinking.  The CSP325 would indeed give you a great deal more flexibility in shaping the sound.  Therefore, buying the preamp first just might be the way to go.  You can always add another amp later for bi-amping purposes, and, you might even want go with one of Steve’s more powerful amps to better drive those big woofers.  I have found that process to work extremely well.

Welcome to the Decware Forums!

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
Cary 300SEI Mk6 WE300B Tubes
…..driving Voxativ 1.6’s with no crossover
LFD NCSE Driving 15” Woofers
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
Wireworld, XLO, Stager, Duelund
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #2 - 11/20/22 at 15:29:51

Welcome Maxmaf - I would agree with Doug's comments and choose the CSP route. Even with one source you will have much more flexibility in tailoring the sound with the preamp. But I am biased as I did add the preamp to my original purchase and have never looked back. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Oppo BDP-93, Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Dynavector D17 DX Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
maxmaf
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 11/20/22 at 16:59:42

thanks for the reply ... I'm about 1000 on the waiting list ... I still have some time ... I need to understand the interactions of ROCK2 with CPS325 ... Smiley Smiley

numprime 10dac
se84ufo25
vrel bequadro2
  IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/22/22 at 08:32:23

I pay close attention to the offhand comments Steve drops here and there. Can't remember where I saw it, but I do remember him mentioning that he uses the UFO25 as his benchmark, but only with a CSP325, which he regarded as essential for what it adds. And I do NOT recall him ever saying he uses monoblocked 25s, personally.

I'm beginning to suspect that UFO25 x 2 is for speakers in the 88-93 dB range only, where you're nervous about having enough power. It's hard to draw a line but from 94 dB on up I'm doubting the cost effectiveness of two 25s, just based on what I've read. It takes a while to distinguish comments like "you may not be happy unless you get this" from "yeah, it'd be cool if you had that, it'd sound great." When you're talking about laying out an extra $4 grand, "sounds great" may not be enough justification, given where else you could spend the money.

Having said that, I have two 25s on order (ha ha)

Oh BTW, try DeepL for your translation. AFAIK it's a good deal better than Google.

IP Logged
maxmaf
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 11/22/22 at 09:41:16

thank you

With my speakers and a single UFO25  never go above 12 on the volume...

Thoughts are ...

with the bi-amplifier I would have greater control of the speakers being a two-way in bi-wiring (the DSP way)
with the 25 preamplifier I remain in an analog purist dimension (and it tempts me a lot)
I have no experience and will try in this waiting year to study ... then, if I live long enough, I will eventually buy everything

thank you

numprime 10dac
se84ufo25
vrel bequadro2
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print