04/26/24 at 04:40:27 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Right output tube (Read 1425 times)
RaOne
Verified Member

Right output tube
11/07/22 at 00:23:16

I’ve had my CSP3 for 3 or 4 years with no issues at all. Suddenly the right output tube keeps going bad after one or two hours of play. Only the right. Nothing has changed. Same amp, same source, same speakers etc. I’ve gone through 4 JJeloctronics E88cc’s. I’ve been using these without a problem until now. It seems after a while the right output tube does not get as warm as the left then it quits working. Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,,,,

CSP3
  IP Logged
Doug
Seasoned Member

Re: Right output tube
Reply #1 - 11/07/22 at 19:50:43

It’s probably time to contact Steve.

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
First Watt J2 or Cary 300SEI
driving Voxativs—no crossover
LFD NCSE driving 15” Woofers
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Right output tube
Reply #2 - 11/07/22 at 20:22:07

If you haven't, unscrew the chassis from the case and check the fuses on the board inside. It's possible that one of the two smallest value fuses is going bad or not making good contact. I believe each of those two controls a channel from the rectifier and the fact that you are having issues with one channel could mean that fuse is the culprit.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print