Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 11:09:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Beatles Revolver Remix (Read 1016 times)
Glenn
Verified Member

Beatles Revolver Remix
11/04/22 at 17:34:45

I have been spinning Beatles of late.  

It's been a great time to be a Beatles fan over the last few years with the remixes of Sgt. Pepper to Abbey Road.

But the unexpected remix of Revolver, to my ears, is particularly game changing. For headphone listeners - the improvement from the heavy L/R panning of the old master is enough of a reason to listen. But as one who loves speakers, the change in this remix is equally enthralling. The music comes alive and pops like it was recorded, dare i say . . .  yesterday and not All Those Years Ago. Instruments and effects previously buried now come alive on the sound stage. And the bass and drums . . . . wow.

Anyway, if you are a fan of the Beatles and have not given the Giles Martin remix a try - you must. Beatles + Giles Martin + Decware = a whole new listening experience.

Let me know what you think.

Niagara 1200, Sonos Port streamer, Denafrips Hermes DDC, Denafrips Pontus II DAC, Denafrips Athena pre-amp, Decware UFO25 amplifier, Klipsch Cornwall IV speakers
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Re: Beatles Revolver Remix
Reply #1 - 11/05/22 at 16:30:47

I don't always listen to The Beatles but when I do I prefer:

That said, and even though I'm more of a Rubber Soul guy than Revolver I'll take a chance on this. Thanks for posting.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #2 - 11/05/22 at 18:41:26

Thank you for the review, Glenn.

I’ve been reading about this new release for months, and have been waiting eagerly to hear it. So cool that the latest technology allows for the step up in SQ - so long as it is not changed in a bad way. With the late George Martin, and now Giles, it is a labor of love, and a family affair, so you just know it is going to be done correctly.

Also, this is a great example of how important listing your equipment is. When I read a review like this, I immediately look at the equipment used to achieve the reviewed result.

Best,

Geno

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/05/22 at 21:19:09

Awesome!
I ordered a little late, so mine is not here yet.

... and I can't even seem to locate it for stream.

I am an enthusiastic Beatles fan.
Whatever, I'll join the meal, late to the table as is usual for me.
Thuffering ..

Smiley

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/06/22 at 22:14:09

Round 8-9 years ago my wife's grandfather passed. He left everyone a small amount of cash. My wife told me to buy something I otherwise wouldn't. 309.99 later I got The Beatles Mono vinyl box. Little did I know I was choosing something that would skyrocket in price.

Anyhow, you guys got me motivated enough to pull it off the shelf. Revolver and Rubber Soul are in tonight's queue. I rarely put the Beatles on when I "sit down" to listen. The red and blue sets get a good amount of play on other systems, I NEED these kids to get off on a good foot! Even 1 gets some play, I like playing this "one" backwards from the end to the beginning.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/13/22 at 17:10:13

Mono mixes were the band approved final results and the format (until the white lp) that the engineer recorded for, so you’re building upon the proper foundation.
And yet, the use of Peter Jackson's AI software to pull instruments out of the mono four tracks so they can be spread into true stereo elevates Revolver to a new and wonderful place. It is a glorious recreation of a revolutionary recording and a true success for Giles Martin showcasing the skills of Geoff Emerick's engineering.
Peter Noone was recording at EMI at the same time and drifted down to the Beatles sessions and panicked; returning to Herman’s Hermits session he told his band mates they had to get their record out immediately because once Revolver was out it would be game over. He was correct.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print