Purer Sound Audio (Read 2596 times)
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Purer Sound Audio
11/02/22 at 16:36:45

For those who attended the 2022 Decware Audio Fest and visited the "small" listening room, you probably remember meeting a very fine gentleman by the name of Sam Gibbs.

It didn't take long to discover that Sam and I are "musical kindred spirits" .....

Sam brought some very effective room treatment panels to the Fest as well as some very cool open baffle speakers that use the Lii Audio Fast-8 and W-15 drivers .....

Sam is the owner of a company called Purer Sound Audio.
I recently added a page to my website featuring Sam's company.

In addition to the room treatment panels and open baffle speakers, Sam offers open baffle speakers that are large enough to accommodate the Lii Audio F-18 drivers.

I have received quite a few requests for baffles that will work with these drivers, but have no interest in making baffles larger than the ones I am currently building.

So ..... if you are looking for baffles that will work with the 18" drivers ..... Sam is the man .....

The website link can be found here.

Happy listening,
Randy

CEC TL5N belt drive CD transport
Cambridge Audio Azur 851N DAC / Streamer
Decware SE84UFO amplifier
Caintuck Audio Betsy Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii Silver-10 Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii 15 Open Bass Baffle
WWW   IP Logged
Kahuna Jack
Seasoned Member

Re: Purer Sound Audio
Reply #1 - 11/03/22 at 00:04:06

NIce !  I have often wondered how much you can get away with in the shape of the baffle. Barrell design is fine and appealing to me( also seems to be proven performer) but as someone who always wants to look into "different" options It would be fun to play around artistically with shapes.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #2 - 11/03/22 at 00:41:44

You mean like this?

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/03/22 at 01:44:46

Thanks for sharing this Randy.  Although I can’t place Sam, I’m sure I ran in to him.  Didn’t realize those diffusers were from his shop. Really nice of him to truck that to Decfest to enhance our collective listening experience.  I’m sure many folks will check out his offerings based on your recommendation.

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Kahuna Jack
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/03/22 at 18:58:39

@Donnie ,  Exactly ! creative options .

IP Logged
Ghostship
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/04/22 at 20:21:09

I just ordered a pair of his room treatment panels. I'll post my impression of the improvement they make to my room and the sound quality of my system. Thanks for the heads-up.

Paul Pang Quad Network Switch & Fiber
MSB Premier DAC
Zen Sarah SEWE300B
Cryotone Bundle
Tekton 2-12 Perfect SET Speakers w/ BE Tweeters and Cap & Wiring upgrades
Tekton 2-10 Sub
  IP Logged
Leonardo Warner
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 02/08/23 at 04:40:57

That's look so nice bro.

IP Logged
effluviography
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 03/09/23 at 06:31:08

Any reports on these room treatment panels? I'm pretty close to purchasing a set to use with omega CAM in my small listening room - placed behind the speakers.

|| Mini-Torii & CSP-3 | Analog: ZP-3, Technics SL-1210GR & Ortofon 2m Black | Digital: Z-Box, Denafrips Ares 2, Iris DDC, Roon & Mac Mini | Omega CAM's & Deep-Hemp Sub | ZMF Atticus | 2x Emotiva CMX-6 | Decware Styx, Power & IC's | Supra Exc. USB | NOS Tubes ||
  IP Logged
Ghostship
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 03/09/23 at 13:30:32

I have a small listening room that is lightly treated. Out of necessity, the speakers are close to the front wall, and was looking for something to provide both diffusion and absorption that could fit between the speakers and the wall. I saw Randy's post, went to their website, and pulled the trigger.

These room treatment panels were exactly what I needed. The price was right, the design was right, the size was right...and as expected it made an immediate improvement in the sound quality. Gone was the minor bass bloat, the soundstage expanded in all directions, detail and imaging improved, as did the treble decay.

I highly recommend these room treatment panels.

Paul Pang Quad Network Switch & Fiber
MSB Premier DAC
Zen Sarah SEWE300B
Cryotone Bundle
Tekton 2-12 Perfect SET Speakers w/ BE Tweeters and Cap & Wiring upgrades
Tekton 2-10 Sub
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #9 - 03/09/23 at 15:01:18

As I read Ghostships review, I realized I did not know all the audio terms/references made.  I found this link to "An Audiophile Guide to Describing Sound" helpful.

https://www.headphonesty.com/sound-description-glossary/#ADSR

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print