Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 17:35:37 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DHC 3 tight fit causing wires to be disconnected (Read 1331 times)
kulafu
Seasoned Member

DHC 3 tight fit causing wires to be disconnected
10/20/22 at 18:59:49

I was trying to disconnect the plug end to relocate and the wire got disconnected.  The plugs were a very tight fit and I yanked off the cord from the plug. I think it is a matter of just trying to reconnect?  Right.  Always afraid with mucking with electrical stuff.....

IMG_1338.jpeg

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
effluviography
Seasoned Member

Re: DHC 3 tight fit
Reply #1 - 10/20/22 at 23:39:23

I don't know how to fix it per se, but I've noticed that those plugs are very, very tight to the wall - had trouble even getting one into the socket the first time.

|| Mini-Torii & CSP-3 | Analog: ZP-3, Technics SL-1210GR & Ortofon 2m Black | Digital: Z-Box, Denafrips Ares 2, Iris DDC, Roon & Mac Mini | Omega CAM's & Deep-Hemp Sub | ZMF Atticus | 2x Emotiva CMX-6 | Decware Styx, Power & IC's | Supra Exc. USB | NOS Tubes ||
  IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Re: DHC 3 tight fit
Reply #2 - 10/20/22 at 23:54:42

It would be worth an email to Steve asking about the shields and ground, the conductor wires will be straightforward.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: DHC 3 tight fit causing wires to be disconnected
Reply #3 - 10/24/22 at 16:34:10

The cable will have to be returned for repair.  This is a great example of how not to remove a cable from its jack, or in this case, receptacle.  It doesn't matter if it's a power cord, or an interconnect or speaker cable you should never grab the cable and pull.  Always and only grab the connector and pull on it.

You can probably imagine this practice has been going on since hi-end cables were invented.  How many RCA cables do you think have stretched strands at the contact points, broken strands and or loose contacts?  Something like that which can't be seen can instantly undo any sonic benefit the fancy wire may have had and still manage to operate so that the user has no idea anything has happened.

WWW   IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 10/24/22 at 16:49:52

Steve, thank you.  Yep!  A lesson learned for me!  
I will contact DECWARE for a return/repair.

Bob

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #5 - 10/26/22 at 05:00:50

No worries, we can fix it. : )

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print