Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 13:54:22 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tiny passive radiator speakers (Read 1398 times)
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Tiny passive radiator speakers
10/14/22 at 21:22:51

My brief encounter with a pair of Tiny Radials encouraged me to dip a toe into those waters via Parts Express. The kit has a terrible punny name: Passive Aggresive Mini but they really work, producing a nice round bass and lifting the vocals. And, I was able to use up the offcuts of Cherry veneer left over from a GR X-LS build so it was a real bonus not to waste that.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: Tiny passive radiator speakers
Reply #1 - 10/14/22 at 21:59:41

Very nice!

Your workmanship is impeccable.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/14/22 at 23:23:44

I need to figure out the new pictures button so they'll appear in proper order Smiley

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #3 - 10/31/22 at 17:40:54

Dude, Just getting the photos to the website is more than I can handle. All hail Donnie for helping me out.
These speakers would likely be great in my workshop. I test connections and other stuff through a set of speakers that are good, but I am always interested in what another speaker design has to offer. Do they take much to drive?

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/01/22 at 00:28:04

4krow: I was driving them with a little 20 watt plate amp in my living (listening) room and they filled the area. Not arena loud but very nice coverage and a surprisingly amount of bottom end for a bunch of 3” drivers and radiators. I had them perched on our tower cabinets and until I told her Mrs. T thought I was listening to the main system…I’m not certain that's an endorsement tho…

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/03/22 at 02:13:56

Very nice!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print