Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 01:26:16 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Transformers for outputs (Read 1172 times)
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Transformers for outputs
10/06/22 at 20:14:21

I want to use a pair of Jensen's really nice transformers to send the output of my new CSP3 to the xlr inputs on a pair of Vidar amps to monoblock them. Previously I’ve had experience taking single ended hi-z lines and balancing them for a 600 ohm inputs to consoles or sending hi-z lines long distance by using that same transformer at both ends, i.e. wireless to pedal board. The CSP3 lists <600 ohms single ended for the output and Schiit lists 22K ohms balanced for their inputs (44k single ended); this is the polar opposite of the Jensen listings. Anyone have an idea where I can look?

IP Logged
Edsonic
Seasoned Member

Re: Transformers for outputs
Reply #1 - 10/07/22 at 02:08:34

You might find your answer in this thread: https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1662471664

Any of these conversion boxes can be wired for balanced to single-ended, or single-ended to balanced. You just have to tell the builder which one you want.

But I think this one is built for SE -> bal. as standard.

IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/07/22 at 11:32:09

Thank you, he assessed the components and gave me an immediate and clear response.

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #3 - 10/07/22 at 14:54:40

Hi Edward,

I still enjoy the ZStage I purchased from you last year, an excellent unit.

There is another Forum discussion on the Pine Tree Audio that you might find helpful.  I purchased their ZBIT-like unit, and it serves me well - I highly recommend it.  It has been one of my best buys of the year, with no waiting line and half the price of my ZBIT.  Jesse was able to customize my purchase from several different configuration options.

Follow to find the discussion:  Forums › EQUIPMENT FORUMS › ZBIT.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 10/24/22 at 20:55:46

Jesse builds a fine piece.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print