03/28/24 at 11:28:33 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZAFP (Read 1382 times)
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

ZAFP
08/09/22 at 08:41:57

Just wondering if anyone out there has owned one of these or has some experience with them.

I'm considering a purchase but it does seem as though the diminishing price-to-returns curve is far steeper with cables and accessories, including antivibration solutions, than it is with components. It would be nice to have perspetivies on the actual value proposition.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Re: ZAFP
Reply #1 - 08/09/22 at 11:12:02

Burgermeester,

I have one under my ZMA amplifier. While I found it enhanced resolution in my system, it is not a high value added proposition IMHO. Your results may vary. If you have a highly resolving system tube rolling, adding a power conditioner, or upgrading cables have a bigger impact on SQ based on my experience in my system.

You get slightly better detail retrieval, due to a lower noise floor which enhances the music listening experience.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #2 - 08/09/22 at 11:49:27

Hockessinkid, I understand your point about other modifications being of higher value but I was curious of your opinion of using other solutions without the ring that absorbs heat energy that couples to the second board.

IE using cutting boards and after market spikes.
Is there any real science to the ZAFP being preferable @ $675 compared to

IE https://www.johnboos.com/product_group.asp?s=r&grp=JBC0051%20%20%20&menu=1&mn=1&...
and / or to diy your own?

https://www.amazon.com/Subwoofer-Amplifier-Turntable-Shockproof-Double-Sided/dp/...

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 08/09/22 at 12:02:46

BJ Lo Fi,

I haven't used either of the DIY options you noted, so I can't offer an opinion on they're usefulness. I had a 2" thick maple block under my ZMA prior to the ZAPF. It elevated the amp off the carpet and provided a stable base, that's about all I can say.

There are a wide variety of footers and accessories designed to reduce vibrations and noise. I have found these have the biggest impact under my TT,  source equipment and some speakers

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #4 - 08/09/22 at 12:06:57

I just changed the manufacturer link for the Block I understand one is solid and the other is cross cut and glued. There are so many things like you noted that would take precedence but having nothing might not be an option for me. I certainly like their rolling tables.

https://www.johnboos.com/product_group.asp?s=r&grp=JBC0051%20%20%20&menu=1&mn=1&...

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 08/09/22 at 12:17:43

I own a couple products from Butcher Block Acoustics. Really like their RigidRack equipment stands😎. They have a 20% off summer sale on their audio platforms currently for those who might have an interest. I have no association with the company other than being a satisfied customer.

https://butcherblockacoustics.com/

HK

IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #6 - 08/09/22 at 13:16:02

Thanx HockessinKid looks like an excellent resource
Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print