Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 14:14:33 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zen Master Series Open Baffles (Read 1259 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Zen Master Series Open Baffles
06/22/22 at 01:53:58

We are creating a new web page for these speakers, in preparation to take things to the next level.   You can view it here:  https://www.decwareproducts.com/zms

The speakers have been a solid success over the past two years with many happy customers. In fact they have blown up the DIY market as well. Randy from Caintuck Audio's original design and quite a few of our larger ones have shown up in every country on the planet that is into audio so far as I can tell. I have personally seen at least 400 pictures of different builds from excited DIY'ers from all over the world.

And my personal experience with them in the Decware listening room has been epic with listening appointments. It really doesn't matter if they are interested in them or not, most will want to hear them while they are here. And after 30 years of giving demos, I can tell when someone likes what they hear...  It's in the body language.  And I haven't had a single audition that wasn't taken by them.

So three things are happening. All improvements. One is that we are improving the speaker both for the DIY market and our turn-key customers. Two is we are scaled to build 5 to 20 times as many as last year.  No point having one without the other I've learned. Lastly we have taken the most popular of the three sizes and will be offering it in either a light or dark finish at a nicely discounted price. This would be in addition to all the custom hardwood options we offer at a higher price.

The improvement...  both in looks and in sound. We have a new bass design made from 3/8" plate steel with giant threaded spikes. This will replace the solid hardwood base on the current model. As well, the ugly toe stubbing feet on the front to make sure kids can't pull the speaker over on themselves will no longer be needed. There was concern if this would even work the same, to soak the energy from the baffle and couple it to the floor, but it actually works better, resulting in even more bass, not less.  

These ultra heavy steel stands are bolted to the baffle and are far heavier than than the original wood design. So much so, I can no longer lift the speaker off the floor with the handle like I used to.

Here is what the speakers look like with the new stands. There will obviously be lots more pics this summer as we start building them all this way.

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Joey

Re: Zen Master Series Open Baffles
Reply #1 - 06/22/22 at 02:07:31

Cool indeed. Now I know why I delayed building these.
Will the bases be available separately for DIY builds?

IP Logged
Doug
Seasoned Member

Re: Zen Master Series Open Baffles
Reply #2 - 06/22/22 at 02:17:47

Very Nice!  So neat and clean!

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
First Watt J2 or Cary 300SEI