Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 19:34:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Don't hate me...but I might be upgrading to this.. (Read 3820 times)
Kirk
Verified Member

Don't hate me...but I might be upgrading to this..
06/15/22 at 22:34:46

I am seriously considering upgrading my Klipschorns to Klipsch Jubilees.  Here is the chain I have in mind:

source (usually DAC) -> CSP3 -> Jubilee active crossover DSP ->UFO2 -> Jubilee (2 channels per speaker - H/L Freq.) so 2xUFO2s.

ICs from DSP to UFO2 are XLR.  

Any issues with this setup?

SE84UFO2, CSP3, ZP3/ZMC2, Klipsch Jubilees, ZLC, Cambridge Audio CXN V2 (Modwright), Rega Planar 3, Ortofon Quintet Blue MC, GR-Research and Decware cables
  IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Re: Don't hate me...but I might be upgrading to this..
Reply #1 - 06/15/22 at 22:44:35

Great scott! That would be beyond real. What portal in the universe do you plan on entering? I admire your dream. Incredible.

Brad

IP Logged
Joey

Reply #2 - 06/16/22 at 01:53:25

I'd love to get some Klipschorns.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #3 - 06/16/22 at 01:57:11

Jeez Kirk, or should we start calling you Captain.... If you have a great room to support those, you will be rolling on another level. You must keep us posted on this plan and include pics at the great moment. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/16/22 at 02:30:26

Hell yeah, you only live once.

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #5 - 06/16/22 at 04:39:28

source (usually DAC) -> CSP3 -> Jubilee active crossover DSP ->UFO2 -> Jubilee (2 channels per speaker - H/L Freq.) so 2xUFO2s.
[highlight]

Kirk,  For those of us having trouble following this set up,  can you say more or refer me to article or website?  After the CSP3, I got lost.

Thanks, Tony

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Media Converter | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 06/16/22 at 04:52:59

Wow, would love to see pictures and perhaps even a video of the speakers in action! YOLO!

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Kirk
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 06/16/22 at 12:16:08

This is very much a YOLO moment for me.  I also have a grumbling but tolerant wife who also has her indulgences so we grumble together.

Will try to clarify after the CSP3 which is indeed confusing.  The jubilees have an external active crossover-DSP that acts on the low signal of a pre-amp.  The output(s) of the DSP are in 2 channels one high frequency and one low which need to be amplified to drive the high freq horn and the lower bass bin respectively.  So, I need one stereo (not mono) amp per speaker.  There are three pairs of speaker bindings (only 2 pairs are needed for the high freq horn and lower bass bin).  The third pair is jumpered to the high freq horn to make connections cleaner...or so Klipsch says.

SE84UFO2, CSP3, ZP3/ZMC2, Klipsch Jubilees, ZLC, Cambridge Audio CXN V2 (Modwright), Rega Planar 3, Ortofon Quintet Blue MC, GR-Research and Decware cables
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #8 - 06/16/22 at 14:24:01

Hey Kirk, much appreciated.  Some of your additional comments I could follow.  The bottom line, I guess, is your excitement.  That is very cool.  Now I have to Google "YOLO."  :)

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Media Converter | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 06/16/22 at 15:09:48

Hey Kirk, maybe you should host the next Decfest, so we can all come to your place to see and hear these Jubilees in person!

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #10 - 06/16/22 at 15:54:35

Kirk,

I have never heard again, bass that a folded horn design puts out. Enormous, and accurate, it can be addicting. I would like to know why you are interested in this new speaker. i must admit, it is very appealing, given that it was designed by Paul Klipsch himself.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 06/16/22 at 17:50:51

What! No tee-shirt included! I'll pass.

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Edsonic
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 06/16/22 at 17:54:54

YOLO!

Unless you're James Bond. Then it's YOLT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs8uYxTJ530

IP Logged
Kirk
Verified Member

Reply #13 - 06/16/22 at 18:09:52

To the question about what I am looking for...I've made a series of successive upgrades over the years and surprised myself with each and every one especially Decware's SET amp and Klipsch's horn design.  It's the endless pursuit of what is possible.  Ultimately, I am looking for spooky presence and kick drums that hit me in the chest.  

p.s. I am also doing this now because a dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse on the Klipschorn trade-in  :)

IP Logged
Kirk
Verified Member

Reply #14 - 08/04/22 at 19:23:21

So I did the thing I said I would do.  Bi-amp requirement handled via an old solid state (high freq) + my UFO2 (low freq) until the matched UFO2s show up.  Monsters for sure, but what a sound.  Spooky at times.  

IMG_2719 by Kirk Bankes, on Flickr

IP Logged
Doug
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 08/04/22 at 19:30:37

Unbelievably Awesome!!!

That’s one of the coolest photos I’ve ever seen!!!

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
First Watt J2 or Cary 300SEI
driving Voxativs—no crossover
LFD NCSE driving 15” Woofers
  IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #16 - 08/04/22 at 19:41:31

Right after Decfest straight to your place

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 08/04/22 at 20:00:57

Congrats Kirk!
You get to go straight to the head of the class with this setup!

Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
Kirk
Verified Member

Reply #18 - 08/04/22 at 20:25:35

I really hope Klipsch doesn't launch a bigger better speaker because my family is already threatening an intervention.  #ohsoworthit

IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 08/04/22 at 20:29:07

Kirk, soften them up by telling them you're going to be upsizing your Klipsh speakers in the near future.
Then when you decide to keep what you currently have, they'll be so relieved they'll never hassle you about your Jubilees anymore.

Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS