05/26/22 at 18:54:22†

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DAC/Amp for ZMF Atrium (Read 101 times)
esewell
Verified Member

DAC/Amp for ZMF Atrium
05/05/22 at 00:03:29

I just ordered a pair of ZMF Atrium headphones (300 ohms, 96dB/mW).  This is my first foray into high-end headphones.  I would like advice about a DAC/amp for these headphones.  I am looking for something under $1,000 that is transportable .  I will not be carrying it in my pocket, so it does not need to be extremely small, but will be moving it around at home and want to take it along with me when travelling.  I prefer the DAC/amp to be one unit.  I am especially interested in one that produces a large sound stage.
Thank you, Ed

IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Re: DAC/Amp for ZMF Atrium
Reply #1 - 05/05/22 at 01:00:10

Been seeing a lot of high praise recently for the new, updated Chord Mojo.

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
ERRx
ZStage, ZBIT, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 05/05/22 at 01:01:00

I have a pair of ZMF Ori and I think they share a lot in common with these. My Ori like POWER. So be sure there is some juice to bring your pair to life.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SE84UFO3-25th x2, CSP3-25th.Taboo Mk IV; Rega RP3 w all GrooveTracer mods PS Audio: PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkr cbls;Mapleshade:Samson V3;;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati intrcncts, Iso-Pods;headphones:PM1,HD800S,ZMF Ori
  IP Logged
Therandyman
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 05/16/22 at 04:46:16

I have the Chord Mojo 2. †It is very portable, and if you donít have to have tubes, sounds very good. †I connect it to my MacBook Air for streaming with an $89 Audio Quest USB C to C Cinnamon cable. †Sounds like it might fit your portability needs well. †It is even smaller than you think! †About half the size of my iPhone XS.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print