01/16/22 at 10:42:58 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Custom Omegas (Read 137 times)
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

New Custom Omegas
12/11/21 at 03:18:08

Finally made a decision on replacing my S3HOXRS, and it wasn't an easy decision.  The reason for the change was that in the new smaller space the S3's visually competed for attention far too much.  But what to replace them with??  There was no way that I was going to give up much if any of the speed.  

After considerable discussion and thought I finally ordered a custom pair of OMEGAS.  The cabinet size is 24"Hx14"Wx11.5"D.  The drivers are the new 8", a pair per speaker in a staggered HO configuration.  My wife chose the finish, quartered Macassar Ebony.

Besides the size and proportions what finalized the decision was that these were described as "the RS5's on steroids"... not giving up much if anything on speed and adding slam.  

I guess I'll have to wait and see if it all comes together.  Getting them sometime in late Jan or Feb 2021.  My wife keeps asking "now are you sure that I'll like these as much?"  The threat is not all that subtle  :'(.

IP Logged
piezoman
Seasoned Member

God damn the pusher
man! - John Kay

Re: New Custom Omegas
Reply #1 - 12/12/21 at 23:49:27

Hey John, thats real great news! I'm glad you found your speakers. Im sure many of us are looking forward to hearing about them!

Brad

Torii MK V-25th [on wait list], CSP3, ZRock2-25th, ZBIT, Omega Jr. XRS alnico towers, Omega DeepHemp 8 sub, Bryston BDA-3 DAC, Bryston BDP-2 Player, Brick Wall 8, Ansuz Conditioning, ZStyx, DSR, Audeze LCD-3F...PI Audio Diffusers, DIY room treatments.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print