Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/08/24 at 22:59:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DHC Silver Teflon Power Cord Question (Read 2162 times)
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

DHC Silver Teflon Power Cord Question
12/01/21 at 16:53:20

Does anyone have experience using the Decware DHC Silver Teflon Power Cord with the Cambridge CXNv2 or any Cambridge product?  I see the CXN used in a lot of Steve's videos.  

I am using this Decware power cord throughout my system.  I found that the fit between cable and CXN v2 chassis is temperamental.

When I have to work behind the CXN (not very often) and accidentally touch the cord ever so slightly, the Cambridge loses power and needs restarting.  Does anyone have an idea to improve the fit between the cable and CXN, or should I consider going back to a standard power cord?

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: DHC Silver Teflon Power Cord Question
Reply #1 - 12/01/21 at 16:56:17

Have you tried a piece of thin electrical tape or teflon tape on one of the faces of the plug going into the unit? That has helped me in the past.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #2 - 12/01/21 at 17:31:51

That's a new idea.  I am trying to picture the tape placement as there is not a lot of room.  

When you did this, did you place tape on the vertical surface of the plug, allowing for the three prongs to pass through the tape?  The adhesive contact then on the back vertical surface of the receptacle and plug?  

Or, did you tape around the sides of the plug?   The adhesive contact then around the circumference of the plug to the receptacle sides?  

I can try both, but I thought you might have found one approach superior to the other.[/size]

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/01/21 at 17:36:57

If you have a IEC then the tape on the plug sides will tighten up the plug.  Either way though, if it's that loose then the prongs aren't getting good contact in the outlet.  Is the outlet worn out and not getting a good grip on the plug prongs?  Tightening the plug body won't address that problem.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 12/01/21 at 17:39:48

I only tried this on the outside of the plug, on the top edge.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #5 - 12/01/21 at 18:00:48

Hi Archie,

If you mean the electrical outlet, that's no problem.  Problem is the fitting between the CXN and the Deware power cord, both are relatively new.  Maybe there is something unusual about the power cord.  The Decware power cords are heavy, especially at the point of contact with the CXN.  I thought I might fashion a support from a block of wood to bear the weight of the plug coming out of the CXN.  That might not help the movement issue when the cord is disturbed.

I 'll try another Decware cord as I have more than one.  The standard cord supplied by Cambridge is fine.

Thanks for the ideas.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #6 - 12/01/21 at 18:41:44

I suspect that the fit between the two is actually too tight not too loose.  Therefor the plug is not being fully inserted.  I have found that it took me several times to get the plug fully inserted in the CXNv2 I have here at the shop.

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #7 - 12/01/21 at 19:58:35

Thanks, Steve, that did it.  Problem solved.  

Using another Decware power cord, I inserted it into the Cambridge correctly, feeling a snap with a deeper insertion.  Visually I could see it went deeper into the socket/receptacle than the first cord.  I then repeated those steps with the original problematic power cord, and it required more pressure, but then it too snapped into place.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print