Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/08/24 at 15:25:00 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone else back on the waitlist? (Read 2570 times)
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Anyone else back on the waitlist?
11/27/21 at 19:02:43

I couldn't help myself. Pass the candle.

Almost ever since I ordered my UFOs a year and a half ago I've been trying to convince myself I didn't make a mistake by passing the on 25th anniversary edition. At the time it just seemed like too much money esp. since I wasn't sure that my own tube collection would work out as well as it did, and I had never heard a Decware amp. And when they arrived (configured as balanced monoblocs with the copper signal cap and power supply bypass cap upgrades) they really sounded fantastic. But, still I wondered. And still I kept rereading the 25th anniversary threads. So, fast forward to the Black Friday Coupon and I woke up and knew with crystal clarity that I had to place the order for a pair of UFO25s. I just have to answer for myself how much better they are than the maxed out UFOs. I am confident that I can use my own tubes now, and in a couple years or whenever they are delivered I'll have no problem selling either a nicely seasoned pair of UFOs or a newly broken in pair of UFO25s.

So now I wait again. But unlike the first time I have Decware amps in house to listen to, instead of just listening vicariously through the message board.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Audeze LCD-XC
  IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Re: Anyone else back on the waitlist?
Reply #1 - 11/28/21 at 00:20:01

"a pair of UFO25s"

Wow!  When I started reading, I thought you were going to tell us you were thinking of replacing your pair of Selects with a single Anniversary amp.  A pair of Anniversarys really is maxing out the possibilities. Will you be the first here in the forum to have two of them? I don't remember anybody else saying they have two.

Brian

IP Logged
Nick324

Reply #2 - 11/28/21 at 02:52:08

CAjames, congratulations on the purchase of the pair. I ALMOST did the same thing for my K-horns, $8K is allot of money though for 6wpc so i tried an experiment instead and tried 1 (very good) WPC. I was extremely pleased and decided a single Zen 25th with 2wpc (excellent, top notch watts) will be good enough for now. I await my own build with extreme anxiousness and excitement.

Innuos Zenith MKIII > Lampizator Baltic3 > Vinnie Rossi L2iSE > SE341.5 or SE84UFO25, >> Heresy, K-horn, Philharmonic BMR, Ωmega Super 6XRS Alnico, LSIM703, Falcon LS3/5A, Steve's TR’s, Tube-Tots.
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/28/21 at 14:50:12

If I may suggest, try finding out from Steve what the differences are between the 2 versions, get a parts list and make the changes yourself on the amps you have now.

That way your great Scottish heritage is much better served in much less $ invested and the avoidance of a 1.5 year wait time, plus it's more satisfying to DIY rather than depending on someone else.

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #4 - 11/29/21 at 01:55:59

Quote:
Posted by: piezoman      Posted on: Yesterday at 14:50:12
If I may suggest, try finding out from Steve what the differences are between the 2 versions, get a parts list and make the changes yourself on the amps you have now...

With the VR tubes and etc. it would be more like building from scratch than making changes to my current amps. And when it comes to replicating workmanship like this:

trying to do it myself is exactly what they have in mind when they say "penny wise but pound foolish." No, I am happy to pay Decware (less than the cost of a stock ZMA or a loaded Torii Mk5 with the coupon and no tubes, FWIW) to build these for me. And I've got time to figure out how to pay for them. I'm confident  they will be worth much more than they cost and more than worth the wait, same as my current amps.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Audeze LCD-XC
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/29/21 at 13:12:29

Totally agree with you CAJames! Steve created a no stop aesthetic amp that should work well on any power grid. To morph it from another amp would be a real sin. It would never compare to the real thing.

Those who upgraded from the UFO's tell us the difference!

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Drew T
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/30/21 at 00:02:56

Congrats CAJames

IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 11/30/21 at 00:42:42

CAJames, awesome choice I’m sure! I’ve only had my UFO2 for a week and like you grabbed the Black F deal and put in for a CSP3. Base for now time to study and learn…. Congrats

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 11/30/21 at 00:56:16

CAJames, awesome choice I’m sure! I’ve only had my UFO2 for a week and like you grabed the Black F deal and put in a CSP3. Base for now time to study and learn…. Congrats

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print