Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/08/24 at 22:34:00 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
REL Subwoofer High Level Connection (Read 1574 times)
Bo
Verified Member

REL Subwoofer High Level Connection
11/04/21 at 15:50:59

Looking at the Decware amps and wondering if my current REL powered subwoofers setup using the "high level" connections directly to the speaker terminals will work on the Decware amps. The REL connection in this instance requires that there be room for two spades to be piggy-backed and clamped together by the positive terminal in addition to the banana connector speaker cable, ie the REL connector spades have to have enough clamping room underneath the terminal. The REL ground spade has to also have clamping room underneath the ground speaker terminal. I can't tell from the site photos how far the Decware terminals can be unscrewed in order to accommodate these extra spades.

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Re: REL Subwoofer High Level Connection
Reply #1 - 11/04/21 at 16:11:28

You will have more than enough room. They open up a lot.

Also, this has been discussed several times here, but you will most likely find that you will need to place a jumper between the negative speaker terminals to eliminate hum.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222/Zbit
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-8b
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/04/21 at 16:41:18

Since you have 2 subwoofers, hook them up as normal, they will work fine with Decware amps.

Geno's advise is correct if using a single sub.

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/04/21 at 17:14:54

Will any speaker wire gauge work fine for a jumper for connecting a single Rel Sub (negative to negative)?

Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th/Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #4 - 11/04/21 at 17:52:52

Pretty much. I don't think I'd go smaller than 20 awg.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222/Zbit
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-8b
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print