Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/26/24 at 06:53:36 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jay’s Audio CD2T Mk3 CD Transport (Read 3885 times)
Doug
Seasoned Member

Jay’s Audio CD2T Mk3 CD Transport
10/16/21 at 04:24:30

The Jay’s transport I purchased from GroovySauce a week ago has been up and running in my system for a couple of days now.  Moving from an Oppo UDP-205 (being used primarily as a transport) to the Jay’s has transformed the sound of my system in every way imaginable.  The Oppo sounded really good, but the Jay’s is so superior in its ability to reproduce music, that it makes the Oppo sound broken—seriously broken!  Whatever aspect of music reproduction you consider, the Jay’s is miles ahead of the Oppo.  The CD2T Mk3 is a spectacular performer, and I highly recommend it to those still playing CD’s on a regular basis.  

On top of its spectacular musicality, its looks and build exude quality.  It’s hard to comprehend how or why this thing is selling for $2500, because it looks and feels like something that would cost $10,000 or more.  This transport is truly impressive!  

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
First Watt J2 or Cary 300SEI
driving Voxativs—no crossover
LFD NCSE driving 15” Woofers
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Re: Jay’s Audio CD2T Mk3 CD Transport
Reply #1 - 10/16/21 at 05:27:49

Thanks Doug, I both love and hate you for your review. I’ve been using an Audiolab 6000CDT and it sounds really good. But since I’ve upgraded my DAC (Denafrips Terminator 2, highest recommendation FWIW) I’ve been eyeing a CD2T. I would have bought yours if I saw it sooner, and I have a feeling I may just need to break down and order one. What connection are you using?

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Doug
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/16/21 at 17:03:11

I’m using a Wireworld Goldstar 7 coax cable, which is a high quality cable and seems to work quite well.  I wish I had a hdmi cable of the same caliber to do a comparison, but all I have is an entry level Pangea hdmi cable.  

For quite some time I had been toying around with the idea of buying an Audiolab or Cambridge transport, but the reality is, neither would have been quite up to par with the rest of my system.  Since the mid-70’s, when Linn was claiming that source components were the most important pieces in audio systems, I’ve bought into that theory.  So why have I been upgrading everything else besides the source?  I don’t know, but I sure am happy with this purchase.  Some day I will definitely get a Terminator to replace the Pontus, but I need to lay low for a time to allow my wife to recover from the sudden shock of another new piece of audio gear.

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/16/21 at 20:50:10

Doug,

Really glad you’re enjoying the CDT2. What are your thoughts about the stock CD clamp vs the Qstab? I found the Qstab to be a significant upgrade.  

CAJames,

It really is a great unit.  Part of me buying the Innuos ZENith mk3 was if the SQ is the same or better I’m selling the CDT2 help cover the cost of the innuos.  I say they are in the same league as far as SQ goes.  The Innous is also 2x the price.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #4 - 10/16/21 at 21:52:22

You guys are very convincing (or I'm highly suggestable lol) cuz I just ordered a CDT2 (and the upgraded clamp). Shipping in 3 to 4 weeks. This has been in my head for a while so you can't take all the credit but you've pushed me over the top. The Terminator 2 + Gaia has really taken digital to an amazing level for me, and I'm really looking forward to what the new transport will do for my CD collection, which is only continuing to grow.

IP Logged
Doug
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 10/17/21 at 20:06:27

With all the glowing reviews on the Qstab clamp, no consideration was given to auditioning the stock clamp!  I doubt that it will ever be unpacked again for use.

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #6 - 11/09/21 at 01:06:08

Well, my CDT2 has been burning in for about 36 hours and I'm very impressed. It is every bit as much of an upgrade as the Terminator 2 + Gaia, which is exactly what I was hoping for. If you have a substantial CD collection that you plan on spinning well into the future it would be an investment that pays for itself many times over IMO.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 11/09/21 at 01:36:08

I'm breaking in a PS Audio PerfectWave SACD transport. . . even better than my DirectStream Memory player, and SACD sounds better especially.

Long live great transports!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #8 - 11/09/21 at 01:40:20

And long live physical media!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 11/09/21 at 11:18:06

Indeed. Though I probably should never buy another disc (not going to happen). I have so goddamned many!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print