Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 06:12:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
anyone here test the Russian eqivalents?? (Read 1268 times)
skiroe

anyone here test the Russian eqivalents??
07/09/21 at 20:57:23

Well,  Ill get it eventually,   on here so infrequently that it dawned on me to post question on this particular forum.  

Testing the Russian equivalent   6n15n -- using el84 or 6bq5 settings as what else is there?    I have a quad of these I picked up more than 10 yrs ago that play fine but not happy with the GM value esp being I can compare values with other Euro or Russian tubes.   Maybe they are just weak as my Hickok is saying.   Could well have noticed that when I got them and put them aside as considered it a bad buy and just forgot about them.   I do have more tubes than I need to keep track of.      Play fine & appear unused.. no burn marks in the vents.,,etc.  
If anyone uses settings for other than el84 or 6bq5  (they are slightly different on my Hickok)     they use on their US made tester I would be interested in hearing about .

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Re: anyone here test the Russian eqivalents??
Reply #1 - 07/10/21 at 03:44:17

I use the 6BQ5 settings on my TV7-D/U for 6P15P types, FWIW. And in my somewhat limited experience the Gm values are all over the map. Esp. for "plain" 6P15Ps, the -EV and -ER versions are a little better but still highly variable. Of course the 6P15P isn't actually an EL84/6BQ5, that is a 6P14P so no surprise the test values don't match the data.

I'm surprised you have different settings for a 6BQ5 and EL84, I've never seen any other indication they are anything else besides different names for the same tube, like ECC88 and 6DJ8.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print