Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Two questions (Read 1443 times)
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Two questions
06/11/21 at 20:35:06

Greetings,  

Just ordered my first Decware,  Torii MKIV- KT 66 tubes,  with the copper bypass  (25th anniversary )option.

I am very excited, as I have envied my brother-in-law's Decware system for years.

I do have two questions:

1. 600 plus orders,  must mean around a 7 month wait?

2.  What advantages will the copper by pass (hopefully the correct term)  have with the Torii?

Thanks in advance, and very excited to be part of this community.

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Re: Two questions
Reply #1 - 06/11/21 at 20:56:51

Welcome to the forums and the DECWARE family!

I'll let someone else comment on the wait time, it's worth it. to put it in perspective. I received my Torii MKIV w/ 25th mods in The Philippines right before Covid hit. I flew back to the USA and the world changed. 16+ months later I finally got my amp shipped back after only experiencing the magic for 2 weeks! trust me the wait is worth it!

This is the development thread for the UFO25TH which all the other amps got the 25th mods based on Steve's advancements on the UFO line.

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1510887200

The quick version is it radically increased the speed of everything. I didn't understand this until I got the amp. Music is fast! Most amps are not fast enough.

It also increased clarity detail while reducing grainyness. The end result is an amplifier that can reproduce music in a way that has a magic to it. It's fast, clear, detailed and full of rich harmonics, creating a holographic sound experience.

What are some of the other parts of your system?

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #2 - 06/12/21 at 03:20:36

Dr3wman....Welcome to the Forum.  Groovy Sauce hit the nail on the head with his reply.   I waited about about six months for my Torii MKIV 25th with the KT66 tubes.  My order was placed in early October, and I took delivery toward the end of April.   I had my amp for close to 2 months now and it’s truly an amazing amp...and totally worth the wait.  

The clarity, speed, detail, and holographic sound are all there with the Anniversary mods. While it’s not my mainstay, I’ve played some mainstream Heavy Metal and Hard Rock, and the amp reproduces the sound amazing well.  

I’ve been listening to movies through my Decware amp, and the sound is amazing.  

The wait time is not horrible, just go on with your life and then one day you will start receiving emails on the status of your amp like parts pulled, on bench, QC testing, etc. etc.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 06/12/21 at 04:01:03

Thanks gents! It will definitely be worth the wait.  It will also let me fantasize about/save for my next purchase, which I think will likely be new speakers in the form of the HR-1s.

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print