Send Topic Print
Flashbacks (Read 4198 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Flashbacks
05/26/21 at 03:42:39

Tonight I am working on a new DECWARE web site. A total start over from complete scratch site. The only thing that will remain untouched is this forum.

I started this almost a year ago when I thought I could pull it off over the winter months. Then the Covid 19 hit and instead of having 50 amps to build this time of year I have nearly 600. So needless to say, the new web site has almost stalled out... but I'm still on it.

Anyway the title of the post comes from remembering what it was like designing the first Decware web site in 1996 when the largest display was 640x480 pixels with 256 colors.  

Now there are viewports that range in size from 4K down to a cellphone.  Oh Joy...

Nevertheless there was a pioneering thrill to hand coding the first Decware web site in 1996, and now that it is possible, I would like to show people what our amplifiers really look like using the technology of the day which is giving me that same thrill!  People who have never owned a Decware amp rave about how good they look, and I keep wondering how they would know, looking at the highly molested 525 pixel 72 dpi images on the site which at the time were all that were allowed by the speed of the day. Google would penalize you if your site loaded too slow, and customers would abandon the load. Yes, young people reading this post, web sites used to take time to load. Ask your professor about it.

The video here is a work in progress, there are still some edgy photos in it that will be replaced, and other tweaks, but it gives you a real idea of what I am talking about. I plan to make the entire website in this insane resolution.

https://decware.wistia.com/medias/2ugdbxhip2. Make sure you watch this full screen and on HD resolution, or don't waste your time.

The irony is that it will actually be a lot less difficult than it was to take images like this and smash them down to a 525 pixel images without looking like complete dog crap. That was really the most stressful and difficult to deal with part of making the Decware web site since the very beginning. Now, we can finally say screw old technology. If you still use an 800 x 600 computer to surf the web, you weren't going to buy anything anyway. ; )  

If someone had told me this was going to be possible in 25 years when I was coding the first site I would have thought they were smoking some really good weed to have such an imagination... Knowing full well it would have taken processors that were 1000 times faster and video monitors that were not even possible to make that happen...  Yet here we find ourselves.  It's real, it happened.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
canonken
Seasoned Member

Re: Flashbacks
Reply #1 - 05/27/21 at 04:03:35

Very exciting, and video looks great.

I do wonder how many people will say they 'miss the old website' - as the saying goes “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

What I don't think anyone will complain about is the priority going to developing and building products, especially with the past year.

IP Logged
spyder1
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/27/21 at 05:28:05

Steve,

If you are looking for this "Hi-Res Video" to aid with the sale of Decware Products, you got it right! The Depth of Color, and Resolution are "Mesmerizing."

IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/27/21 at 13:24:19

That's incredible looking, you really got the lighting perfect.

IP Logged
spyder1
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/29/21 at 04:15:04

Steve,

According to the video, has the CSP3 been upgraded to include meters, and 6P15P-EV power tubes?

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 05/29/21 at 14:00:47

Spyder1 DECWARE released an anniversary edition of the CSP3 to compliment the UFO25TH.

CSP325TH

https://www.decware.com/newsite/CSP325.html

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
funch
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 05/29/21 at 21:56:14

The video actually labeled the pic of a Taboo as a CSP3.

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 05/30/21 at 12:30:06

Gotcha, my misunderstanding then. Should be a quick edit.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Melvin
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/30/21 at 18:10:15

Very nice! The video quality is stunning, much like the sound quality of my little Zen.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #9 - 05/31/21 at 16:57:53

Steve- Great video sir! Wonderful resolution and depth of color. Looking forward to it and this forum is the best audio forum on the web. Every other site comes up lacking when compared to the depth and detail of discussion, passion for music and the love of the gear. I personally have never regretted a Decware purchase and we enjoy our music daily through it. Thank you Steve and Team Decware. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print