Send Topic Print
Domís Digital Domain (Read 893 times)
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Domís Digital Domain
04/27/21 at 16:06:46

Here are a few pics of my new and temporary setup with my new Torii MKIV 25th. †Iíll post a first impressions post in the upcoming days... but the short answer is ďGodsmackedĒ. †My vinyl rig and ERRís are currently in storage since I will be moving into my parents house for my construction project that should hopefully start in 1-2 months. †

Once I get established there...Iíll setup my ERRís and hopefully my Rega if I have enough room. † In one of the photoís I had added my ZSB just last night that I am now using the dual outputs to feed the amp and my dual firing Velodyne powered sub. †Iím sure the sound will be better using the speaker level inputs on the sub...but itís located far away, and I donít want to waste money for speaker wire with a temporary setup. †Iím sure I will not even use the sub with my ERRís but for the Pinnacle monitors, they definitely need it. †

iMac 7, Google CCA/Raspberry Pi 4, Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, My Audio Cables [MAC] Ultra Silver+ Cables, ZSB, ZSTAGE [Beeswax Caps], DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV w/25th Ann. mods, Reg P3 Turntable, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR Radials [Bubbinga Wood].
  IP Logged
piezoman
Seasoned Member

God damn the pusher
man! - John Kay

Re: Triple Dís [Domís Digital Domain]
Reply #1 - 04/27/21 at 16:33:13

Very nice....I also like the furniture piece

Torii MK V-25th [on wait list], CSP3, ZRock2-25th, ZBIT, Omega Jr. XRS ALNICO spkrs, Omega DH 8 sub, Bryston BDA-3/BDP-2, Brick Wall 8, Ansuz Conditioning, Audeze LCD-3F...PI Audio AQD1 Diffusers, DIY room treatments.

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Re: Domís Digital Domain
Reply #2 - 05/06/21 at 05:22:48

Thanks Piezoman.  Yeah that is one super solid and heavy piece of furniture.  Just trying to figure out where I am going to put it when the house is renovated.  

Dom

iMac 7, Google CCA/Raspberry Pi 4, Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, My Audio Cables [MAC] Ultra Silver+ Cables, ZSB, ZSTAGE [Beeswax Caps], DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV w/25th Ann. mods, Reg P3 Turntable, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR Radials [Bubbinga Wood].
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #3 - 08/26/21 at 13:49:29

Here is my new temporary setup in my parents basement. †My house is now officially under construction, so this will be my refuge for the next 8 months. †

I fired up the system last night for the first time and Iím at a loss for words. †Just blown a way is an understatement. †This setup has a lot of changes that I didnít have prior, probably too many at one time but here is a list of my changesÖ

1. †My ERRís were pulled out of storage after a long hiatus. †My soundstage just doubled in size.

2. †My DIY speaker cables ( DH Labs Silver Sonic T-14 ) while not completely finished, are good enough to use.

3. †The addition of a custom built power cable that was built by forum member Will. †This addition I feel has given †me a profound change is the music. Everything †sounds so much more lively and energeticÖ like Iím running on pure DC!! †

3. †I swapped out my ZSTAGE tube (Amperex Holland †pinched waist 7062 12 AT7) with a NOS Jan 12 AU7 from Upscale audio. †This tube has not settled yet, but itís super quiet and clean. †Itís a tube that is ďnot thereĒ as you increase the gain. †Iíll have to report back after it settles in. While I love the sound of the Amperex in my system , The Upscale Audio tube was bought †a while back but I had never auditioned it. †So this was the perfect time.

AlsoÖ In my previous set up I was running bookshelf speakers with a sub. †Quite honestly in my new set up I actually donít feel itís necessary. These ERR speakers have enough bass, where the sub is definitely not needed. †I do have the sub connected for now in this setup crossing over at 30 HZ to fill in where my ERRís canít hit, and the volume is set low so as †not to over pressurize the room.

More to come as my new system and space settles in for further evaluation.

Dom

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 08/26/21 at 14:12:20

Nice setup and components--and looks as if you'll weather the relocation storn well with great sound.

I have a few Amperex 12AU7 that have enjoyed in the ZROCK2--an excellent fit. In my system so much depends on the voltage regulation tubes I am using on the monoblocks. With some the 12AU7 type are a great fit, with my current favorites the quasi-AT7 types are still stuck in, especially that pinch-waist which has been glued in the ZROCK2 for a while now. It's astonishing what a tube will do in these components!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SE84UFO3-25th x2, CSP3-25th.Taboo Mk IV; Rega RP3 w all GrooveTracer mods PS Audio: DMP+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkr cbls;Mapleshade:Samson V3;;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati intrcncts, Iso-Pods;headphones:PM1,HD800S,ZMF Ori
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 08/26/21 at 14:27:24

I'm glad you finally got your ERR's hooked up to the Torii Dom. Hope they sound great and keep you in good music listening during your home construction project.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Dyna 20x2 cart + Modwright PH 9.0X phono OR MWI modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th mods pre > ZMA-25th mods amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Omega SAHO XRS or Caintuck Audio Lii15+ speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables.
  IP Logged
piezoman
Seasoned Member

God damn the pusher
man! - John Kay

Reply #6 - 08/26/21 at 15:36:05

Lovin' your new temp setup, Dom! You're a man of taste and style. Your system is a solid foundation, and it looks fantastic. Great job, and enjoy!

Brad

Torii MK V-25th [on wait list], CSP3, ZRock2-25th, ZBIT, Omega Jr. XRS ALNICO spkrs, Omega DH 8 sub, Bryston BDA-3/BDP-2, Brick Wall 8, Ansuz Conditioning, Audeze LCD-3F...PI Audio AQD1 Diffusers, DIY room treatments.

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #7 - 08/27/21 at 02:21:12

LonÖyes I really do love the Amperex pinched waist.  I now have 5 of them in stock waiting for the day of when I buy a ZROCK2.  That tube has a profound affect in my ZSTAGE and I really love it.  The NOS Jan 12AU7 from Upscale Audio is super quiet, so Iím going to keep it in for now to see how it settles in.

Hock..since the ERRís been out of service for a long period of time, I think I am going to have to play them for a while to get the caps broken in again.  The ERRís do sound really good, and I do love the radial sound.  ButÖ I do have new caps sitting in my SonicCraft shopping cart waiting to pull the trigger onÖjust in case I decide to start playing around. 😀

BradÖ. Thanks! Yeah the setup is nice for a temporary solution.  Iím hoping to add another component or a replacement to my system when Decfest rolls around. Fingers crossed.  My audio journey has really made a nice leap forward lately, and Iím really enjoying it!

Dom

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print