Send Topic Print
Dom’s Digital Domain (Read 5775 times)
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Dom’s Digital Domain
04/27/21 at 16:06:46

Here are a few pics of my new and temporary setup with my new Torii MKIV 25th.  I’ll post a first impressions post in the upcoming days... but the short answer is “Godsmacked”.  My vinyl rig and ERR’s are currently in storage since I will be moving into my parents house for my construction project that should hopefully start in 1-2 months.  

Once I get established there...I’ll setup my ERR’s and hopefully my Rega if I have enough room.   In one of the photo’s I had added my ZSB just last night that I am now using the dual outputs to feed the amp and my dual firing Velodyne powered sub.  I’m sure the sound will be better using the speaker level inputs on the sub...but it’s located far away, and I don’t want to waste money for speaker wire with a temporary setup.  I’m sure I will not even use the sub with my ERR’s but for the Pinnacle monitors, they definitely need it.  

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Re: Triple D’s [Dom’s Digital Domain]
Reply #1 - 04/27/21 at 16:33:13

Very nice....I also like the furniture piece

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Re: Dom’s Digital Domain
Reply #2 - 05/06/21 at 05:22:48

Thanks Piezoman.  Yeah that is one super solid and heavy piece of furniture.  Just trying to figure out where I am going to put it when the house is renovated.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #3 - 08/26/21 at 13:49:29

Here is my new temporary setup in my parents basement.  My house is now officially under construction, so this will be my refuge for the next 8 months.  

I fired up the system last night for the first time and I’m at a loss for words.  Just blown a way is an understatement.  This setup has a lot of changes that I didn’t have prior, probably too many at one time but here is a list of my changes…

1.  My ERR’s were pulled out of storage after a long hiatus.  My soundstage just doubled in size.

2.  My DIY speaker cables ( DH Labs Silver Sonic T-14 ) while not completely finished, are good enough to use.

3.  The addition of a custom built power cable that was built by forum member Will.  This addition I feel has given  me a profound change is the music. Everything  sounds so much more lively and energetic… like I’m running on pure DC!!  

3.  I swapped out my ZSTAGE tube (Amperex Holland  pinched waist 7062 12 AT7) with a NOS Jan 12 AU7 from Upscale audio.  This tube has not settled yet, but it’s super quiet and clean.  It’s a tube that is “not there” as you increase the gain.  I’ll have to report back after it settles in. While I love the sound of the Amperex in my system , The Upscale Audio tube was bought  a while back but I had never auditioned it.  So this was the perfect time.

Also… In my previous set up I was running bookshelf speakers with a sub.  Quite honestly in my new set up I actually don’t feel it’s necessary. These ERR speakers have enough bass, where the sub is definitely not needed.  I do have the sub connected for now in this setup crossing over at 30 HZ to fill in where my ERR’s can’t hit, and the volume is set low so as  not to over pressurize the room.

More to come as my new system and space settles in for further evaluation.

Dom

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 08/26/21 at 14:12:20

Nice setup and components--and looks as if you'll weather the relocation storn well with great sound.

I have a few Amperex 12AU7 that have enjoyed in the ZROCK2--an excellent fit. In my system so much depends on the voltage regulation tubes I am using on the monoblocks. With some the 12AU7 type are a great fit, with my current favorites the quasi-AT7 types are still stuck in, especially that pinch-waist which has been glued in the ZROCK2 for a while now. It's astonishing what a tube will do in these components!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 08/26/21 at 14:27:24

I'm glad you finally got your ERR's hooked up to the Torii Dom. Hope they sound great and keep you in good music listening during your home construction project.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/26/21 at 15:36:05

Lovin' your new temp setup, Dom! You're a man of taste and style. Your system is a solid foundation, and it looks fantastic. Great job, and enjoy!

Brad

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #7 - 08/27/21 at 02:21:12

Lon…yes I really do love the Amperex pinched waist.  I now have 5 of them in stock waiting for the day of when I buy a ZROCK2.  That tube has a profound affect in my ZSTAGE and I really love it.  The NOS Jan 12AU7 from Upscale Audio is super quiet, so I’m going to keep it in for now to see how it settles in.

Hock..since the ERR’s been out of service for a long period of time, I think I am going to have to play them for a while to get the caps broken in again.  The ERR’s do sound really good, and I do love the radial sound.  But… I do have new caps sitting in my SonicCraft shopping cart waiting to pull the trigger on…just in case I decide to start playing around. 😀

Brad…. Thanks! Yeah the setup is nice for a temporary solution.  I’m hoping to add another component or a replacement to my system when Decfest rolls around. Fingers crossed.  My audio journey has really made a nice leap forward lately, and I’m really enjoying it!

Dom

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #8 - 06/21/23 at 23:23:39

Today I received Lon’s old CSP2+ with the Anniversay mods from Joe Lazenby.  After a quick clean of all the contacts, my new setup is now complete.  The white Zen sisters now have their matching preamp, and the look is perfect.  

I’ll fire it up tomorrow since it’s time to get ready for work.  Here are a few pics of the setup….

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 06/21/23 at 23:27:51

Looks sharp! Glad it made it home!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 06/22/23 at 00:13:38

Looking good Dom. Make sure to queue up The Moody Blues - Knights in White Satin.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #11 - 06/22/23 at 04:18:15

Very cool, Dom! I love the look of the white amps, and the preamp is icing on the cake. Keep us posted on how it sounds.

Best,

Geno

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #12 - 06/22/23 at 05:22:46

I totally dig the look! And I’m sure the sound is awesome.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #13 - 06/22/23 at 06:28:53

Thanks guys….The match is perfect and what I’ve been after for the past two years.    It goes with the black  and white farmhouse style of the new home.  We had friends over a few night ago,  and all they wanted to listen to was vinyl.   My turntable got a good workout!  

Roger…Knights in White Satin..you got it!!  What a great song!  

I’ll post my impressions of the new setup.  I’m confident it’s going to o be stellar!!

Dom

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 06/25/23 at 19:24:48

Loving the look here Dom—congrats!

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #15 - 06/25/23 at 20:40:05

Thanks Kamran,

I do love the look of tall rack.  Originally I wasn’t sure but it has really grown on me.  

Dom

IP Logged
mclark
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 12/19/23 at 18:09:34

Hey Dom - It's been a while -  I love the 'Sister's' set up! Glad she went to a good home. I'ld miss her but I've got my two 84's doing their job. The white IS a stunning look.

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #17 - 12/21/23 at 00:14:58

Hi Mike,

Yes it’s been a while.  I was supposed to send your amp back to Decware for the full upgrades with the Anniversay mods.  With recently prepping for a promotional exam…I had to put it on hold.  Now that my exam is finally over, I plan to send the amp back in to Decware come the new year.  

I must say that running the amps in a mono setup gives me the extra wattage I need to properly drive my ERR’s with nice head room.  The turn around time is a few weeks, so once I get them back, I’ll post my impressions here.  The white setup is beautiful, and adding the white CSP3 really ties the system together.

Hope all is well with you, and I’m glad you are enjoying your two 84’s as well.  Have a great Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.

Dom

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print