03/29/24 at 10:46:06 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New base? Torii MKIV (Read 1553 times)
PipHelix
Verified Member

New base? Torii MKIV
03/28/21 at 00:40:47

The Torii MKIV I bought used has a black base and I’d prefer a brighter wood one.  

If you buy an amp on the used market, can you still buy a replacement base direct from Decware or do you have to just live with what you’ve bought?

I know about the warranty service and that Decware could change out the base then, but with shipping, a new tube set that I don’t need, and 10% of the amp cost for warranty transfer I’m looking at about $1k and I don’t have that in my audio budget right now.

I figured I’d save a phone call by asking here.

IP Logged
effluviography
Seasoned Member

Re: New base? Torii MKIV
Reply #1 - 03/28/21 at 00:48:27

You can buy a base separately and they'll ship it to you for you to install yourself. I've replaced a few over the years this way. Email or call Sarah for a price quote on the wood/style you'd like.

|| Mini-Torii & CSP-3 | Analog: ZP-3, Technics SL-1210GR & Ortofon 2m Black | Digital: Z-Box, Denafrips Ares 2, Iris DDC, Roon & Mac Mini | Omega CAM's & Deep-Hemp Sub | ZMF Atticus | 2x Emotiva CMX-6 | Decware Styx, Power & IC's | Supra Exc. USB | NOS Tubes ||
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #2 - 03/28/21 at 01:01:21

Or you could paint your current base. Just sayin!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #3 - 03/28/21 at 16:35:19

Piphelix- In my experience Decware has been MORE than helpful in supporting either new or used products, just reach you to them. I have had a CSP3 bought used sent in for a warranty changeover and base change and I had a base made by Zygi for a CS84SE amp kit that I made. Just remember Decware is a small family run venture so it may take a day or so to get back with you. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print