04/27/24 at 00:55:35 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Steller gain cell DAC (Read 222 times)
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Steller gain cell DAC
03/27/21 at 17:14:53

My amp order is only about 90 days out! UFO2 OR Rachael, yes I make a pre-parts pull change.....Question is, anyone here used or using the GCD pre-amp with a ZEN? Part of my delima is if the GCD degrades my Decware sound I will take it out and need to get the swichbox and then CSP3 eventually, or go with the Rachael for inputs with sub out? Feedback please!

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Re: Steller gain cell DAC
Reply #1 - 03/28/21 at 00:10:08

I’m using a Marantz HD CD-1 to drive my new-to-me Rachel and I find that I don’t need a gain stage to fully drive the amp but it'd be real nice to have single knob device to control for the different levels on the CDs. I had intended to use a Schiit Modi 3+ DAC as a switcher but I’ve found today that I prefer the sound of the analog output of the Marantz to the coaxial input of the Modi. This Rachel came with variable outputs and they are HOT, just as Steve had told me they would be, so the input control to my sub is barely opened. Still, the character of the tube output thru the sub is wonderful and I’m very pleased.
I'll be manually changing the input cables when I get the desire to listen to my music library but so far running CDs top to bottom has been enough to satisfy me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print