Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Also new here (Read 5831 times)
Stantoiler
Verified Member

Also new here
03/10/21 at 18:11:56

Hello,
several posts brought to my attention, that a reply by Decware could take time. So, i post my questions here. Is there anybody from Europe who ordered a Decware amp?
Is there anybody having difficulties with the customs clearance?

I know there are restrictions regarding a tube cage, the use of lead free solder and also a possible release/approvement with the CE sign-logo-icon/declaration.
I wanted to order an amp, but if the customs office won't let it pass through and the amp has to be destroyed or send back, it won't make much sense to order one and loose all the money.

Well, i hope that this never happened to anyone.
Thanks for any information and useful ideas on this topic.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Also new here
Reply #1 - 03/11/21 at 13:03:00

In which country do you reside? Sounds like some totalitarian gulag where Customs Officials rip open every package.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Stantoiler
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 03/11/21 at 16:17:02

Hello Rivieraranch,
no definitely not. Gulags may still be in existence in Russia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Syria, or elsewhere, but hopefully not in Europe. But within the whole EU the administration have installed such regulations that i mentioned in my first posting. These regulations are binding to all countries in the EU.
And that was the reason why Bob Carver and possibly several other smaller companies haven't got a distributor in Europe or Germany where i live. To meet all those requirements would be very expensive and then it is no longer profitable at all.

That a box with an amplifier won't be free of charge by the Customs Clearance is clear. So i have to add approx. 25 % to the price, also for the shipping costs. That was something that i never understood, maybe it is different in other countries. Taxes for shipping charges! Unbelievable.  

So i can only hope, that the customs office will sort out a private order and let it pass through. Especially when i think about those extremely cheap tube amplifiers from China sold here on Ebay. Some of them are a catastrophee and dangerous for anyones life who uses these. And they have to pass the customs clearance too. So maybe i see problems that will never occur.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/11/21 at 19:28:08

I'm sure they have shipped to Germany before. Where there is a will there is a way.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/11/21 at 19:32:23

I'm sure they have shipped to Germany before. Where there is a will there is a way.

Oh welcome by the way.

55   IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/12/21 at 05:45:12

Hello, Stantoiler

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you find here the information you seek.  

Brian

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/12/21 at 12:55:14

If it helps any, the amplifier wait list has several orders from Europe and several from Germany.

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 03/13/21 at 13:25:35

I WAS RIGHT! PUT YOUR WORRIES TO REST. START POSTING ABOUT THINGS TO LEARN MORE OF WHAT INTERESTS YOU.

55   IP Logged
Stantoiler
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 03/13/21 at 17:34:33

Hello agin,
and thanks for all the replies. That helped a lot. So i will order a ZenTorIIMK4 on the 20th of March. I didn't check the masses of posts on all the topics, but the desired amp has no XLR inputs, the SuperZenTriode has it as an option. Is it a matter of space? There seems not much left at the backside of the amp.

i have concentrated to much on cabling, power distribution, Tweaks, Footers a.s.o. and lost track of the essential hardware. So i need a new CD-Drive, a new turntable, tonearm and cartridge. Seems that it will take years to save the money for the replacements.

So when i receive the amp, i'm hopefully finished and satisfied for a long time on amps and speakers. Thivan Labs Eros 9 Anniversary, Black Ice Audio F360 and the Zen ThorIIMK4. Hope that it all will fit together nicely.

I'm pleased to hear that there are orders also from Germany and Europe.

So, have a nice weekend, all of you....

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 03/13/21 at 18:09:37

Yes, do not hesitate to post any inquiry you might have.

55   IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

!
Reply #10 - 03/13/21 at 23:08:19

Dont hesitate to give Steve a call.  I needed help in choosing the right amp for my speakers and he recommended what he thought was best for them.  Reading a lot here and asking some questions from the members is what got me into Decware.  Happy shopping!
Bob

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

!
Reply #11 - 03/13/21 at 23:10:31

Dont hesitate to give Steve a call.  I needed help in choosing the right amp for my speakers and he recommended what he thought was best for them.  Reading a lot here and asking some questions from the members is what got me into Decware.  Happy shopping!
Bob

IP Logged
Tony Adams
Verified Member

Reply #12 - 08/29/23 at 03:36:19

Me too! I am a newbie

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print