Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 13:45:32 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS: Decware VDAC2 $950 OBO Shipped (Read 3216 times)
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

FS: Decware VDAC2 $950 OBO Shipped
12/28/20 at 15:07:02

I've upgraded my digital front end, so it's time to find a good home for this excellent DAC. The VDAC2 is a Decware modified TEAC NT-503 digital audio converter, serial #004. The unit is in excellent physical and operational condition. It requires a separate personal computer or laptop to stream music. It was purchased in October, 2017. I am the original owner. The price is $950 OBO shipped to you.

Here's a link to vast information on the stock NT-503: http://audio.teac.com/product/nt-503/

Forum information is limited since Decware no longer offers this DAC. The modification includes internal installation of a Decware ZBIT (boosting output voltage) and upgraded RCA outputs. The sale includes the DAC, remote, stock power cord, a 1M Oyaide NEO d+ Class A USB cable, a CAT7 10GBPS ethernet cable, ZDAC2 start up guide, and TEAC NT-503 owners manual.

PayPal payment is preferred. Shipping will be insured UPS ground
to the lower 48 US states only.

If you are interested in purchasing or would like additional pictures emailed, please send me a PM. Thanks for looking.

HK

PXL_20201228_134624259_compress7.jpg

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Price Reduction: Decware VDAC2 $750 Shipped
Reply #1 - 01/05/21 at 12:43:39

Price reduced to $750 shipped for quick sale. This DAC is highly configurable w/ DSD upscaling, filters, and MQA unfolding (particularly helpful if you stream TIDAL & other MQA music).

Please PM me if your interested. Thanks for looking.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
effluviography
Seasoned Member

Re: FS: Decware VDAC2 $950 OBO Shipped
Reply #2 - 01/06/21 at 03:33:21

I'm curious how this compares to the Cambridge Audio CXN, modded or not modded? Thanks, Scott

|| Mini-Torii & CSP-3 | Analog: ZP-3, Technics SL-1210GR & Ortofon 2m Black | Digital: Z-Box, Denafrips Ares 2, Iris DDC, Roon & Mac Mini | Omega CAM's & Deep-Hemp Sub | ZMF Atticus | 2x Emotiva CMX-6 | Decware Styx, Power & IC's | Supra Exc. USB | NOS Tubes ||
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 01/06/21 at 12:44:32

Scott,

The primary difference is the CXN V2 is a streamer and a DAC. The NT-503 is a DAC. The CXN has a built in computer which allows streaming music via TIDAL, Qobuz, or other music streaming services. It is also Roon ready. The NT-503 requires a separate computer or laptop to stream music and a digital cable (usually USB) to connect the two.

If you don't want to stream music, simply have a great digital processor to hook up to a SACD,  CD player or transport, or process a digital cable TV signal then both units can provide this in a similar fashion.

Both provide excellent sound quality, especially the modified units. The NT-503 provides multiple upsampling and filtering options to customize the sound. Both units also have built in preamp functions which allows you to adjust volume output from the remote control.

I hope this summary answers your questions. Others may wish to chime in.

HK

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #4 - 01/07/21 at 06:36:27

Roger.. I totally wish I didn’t upgrade my DAC last year...I would have bought this from you.  I was listening this DAC through headphones at Decfest two years ago...and it truly is a phenomenal dac.  

The best part is that is has the ZBIT on board with the balanced outputs.  That alone is worth its weight in gold!!  The ZBIT is like $630 bucks by itself...talk about a great deal.  Good luck with the sale!!  

Dominick

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
effluviography
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 01/07/21 at 09:44:09

I was also wondering how you thought it compared in sound to the Cambridge Audio CXN. I use a Marantz SA-8005 for my DAC with Audirvana/AIFFs on my Mac right now and I enjoy it quite a bit. I've been reading what you and others have been saying about the CXN, so I was just curious how it compares.

I had a Cambridge CXU, and I really liked the sound before it died. I'm guessing a similar sound profile for the CXN.

Thanks - Scott

|| Mini-Torii & CSP-3 | Analog: ZP-3, Technics SL-1210GR & Ortofon 2m Black | Digital: Z-Box, Denafrips Ares 2, Iris DDC, Roon & Mac Mini | Omega CAM's & Deep-Hemp Sub | ZMF Atticus | 2x Emotiva CMX-6 | Decware Styx, Power & IC's | Supra Exc. USB | NOS Tubes ||
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 01/07/21 at 12:19:58

Scott,

I never heard the stock CXN, so I can't compare the sound quality to the ZDAC2 or unmodified TEAC NT-503 for that matter. Tonally the modified CXN and ZDAC2 are similar, but the ModWright tube modification on the CXN simply take it to another level albeit it at a total cost of $2600.

Dan's tube modification is very special. Both live and recorded music have a greater sense of realism. Here's a link to my review:
https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1605908635

HK

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

SOLD: Decware VDAC2 $950 OBO SOLD
Reply #7 - 01/10/21 at 10:21:31

The VDAC2 has been sold to a fellow forum member. Thank you.

HK

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print