Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/23/24 at 16:20:56 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Assistance on Zkit#1 build (Read 2652 times)
jbohlscheid
Verified Member

Assistance on Zkit#1 build
12/08/20 at 17:40:36

Hello fellow DIYers,
I posted the following questions on the ZKit#1 forum with no luck of responses. Hopefully this forum will help. I am new to this hobby and need some clarifications. I am working on the latest board design.

I have been searching a number of forums to resolve these questions regarding the most recent ZKit #1 version with no luck.

l am building the kit on a wood base using the suggested materials and the potentiometer, input and output jacks attached to the PCB. I have installed the 6 jumpers as specified. This is one of my first amplifier builds and I lack reference to some electronics jargon.

#1. After reviewing page 3 of the manual, I need more precise guidance on how or where tie the ground circuit and ground plane with a jumper, and the earth ground connection between the ground plane and ground lug of the power cord (I do understand the power cord ground lug and see the chassis wiring drawing)
#2. For the preflight check, where is the second contact point for A, B, and C, the chassis ground point?. Is the voltage check for D across the two contact points as indicated?
#3. I plan to use an rocker switch with a fuse that is integrated into the IEC socket (from Parts Express). Is a 2 amp slow blow fuse appropriate?

Thanks

IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Re: Assistance on Zkit#1 build
Reply #1 - 12/11/20 at 03:51:43

You might get help in the DIY forum.
https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?board=SE84CDIY

I hope someone who knows some answers will see your question.

Brian

IP Logged
jbohlscheid
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 12/11/20 at 15:23:15

Brian, Thanks for the link. I have searched the threads and I have not found anything yet.

IP Logged
Denizen
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 12/11/20 at 18:56:29

well all you really need to do is connect the audio ground to the earth ground, for instance the ground on your input jacks would be suitable (both of them) and as long as you have a continuity among all the audio ground circuits you should be fine. As far as voltage checks, the earth ground should be your reference point. Hope this helps.

IP Logged
jbohlscheid
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 12/11/20 at 18:58:48

Denizen: Perfect I thought this was the case. Thank you very much.

IP Logged
Radarek

Reply #5 - 12/16/20 at 00:07:43

Hello

Please see my build summary...post 20. You will see a pic of internal connections. Ground from the board is connected to ground from Ic socket and in my case a top plate as is a 4mm thick steel. In you case ground from pcb  board will go straight to socket ground...
#2. Second point for your measurements is a ground, connect black wire from your multimeter to the ground and use red wire with probe to check voltages in A,B,C,D points, D is checked at two locations...you want them to match..
#3. I think specs are calling for 3.15A fuse...

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1568823750

Good luck with your amp

Regards

Darius

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print