Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 10:39:44 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thank you Decware folks! (Read 1423 times)
will
Seasoned Member

Thank you Decware folks!
11/26/20 at 20:52:19

Today I am thinking about many things and people I am thankful for, not least of which Decware and the Decware community. My sincere thanks to Steve and family, Bob, Randy, and all here on this special forum!

All the best to you all!

Will

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Greg C

Re: Thank you Decware folks!
Reply #1 - 11/26/20 at 21:08:01

...back at you Will ....I enjoy your post and benefit from all I have read

Thanks again
Greg

TORII JR
CSP3
ZP3
ZROCK
ZBIT
NAD C658 DAC
PIONEER RT-707
REGA PLANAR 6 / EXACT 2 MM
ERRx
SENNHEISER HD 800S
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/26/20 at 21:23:09

Thanks Steve, DeVon, Sarah and the whole crew that make Decware and the Decware Forum possible. Also thank you to the many posters for providing excellent music selections, equipment recommendations, and most importantly tube rolling guidance. An exceptional community of audio fans for sure.

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 11/26/20 at 21:34:49

Hope all have a safe and happy Thanksgiving! Come on 2021--this year has been bad. It's ending badly for me.  . . . A high wind storm tore all the electrical off our wall and downed the power pole that feeds us and we ended up losing also our well water pressure tank and pump. . . a very costly occurance, and we were without power and heat for five days, without water for six days. And then one of my brothers has come down with COVID (seemingly not with breathing issues though) and my Dad is not feeling well today with COVID worries. Makes me count and be thankful for all the blessings of life and among them this community of music lovers. Happy Thanksgiving!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/27/20 at 07:36:25

May God bless Lon and his family with health and help.

I too am Thankful to Steve for adding this forum to his audio business. Reading the posts here has been a fun ride for me.

Best wishes to all of the correspondents here.  

Brian

IP Logged
effluviography
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/27/20 at 09:02:41

I don't have too much to add except I agree with all of you. I wish you all the best and am thankful to have found Steve and his work as well as all of you on this forum. My life would be the worse without all of y'all.

Scott

|| Mini-Torii & CSP-3 | Analog: ZP-3, Technics SL-1210GR & Ortofon 2m Black | Digital: Z-Box, Denafrips Ares 2, Iris DDC, Roon & Mac Mini | Omega CAM's & Deep-Hemp Sub | ZMF Atticus | 2x Emotiva CMX-6 | Decware Styx, Power & IC's | Supra Exc. USB | NOS Tubes ||
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/27/20 at 19:06:33

Lon, may God lend his hand to help you & your family. I hope it all turns out really well.

To everyone who has helped me thru my initial journey into a completely different audio path [omega single alnico drivers and decware electronics], my deepest gratitude to you.

I am thankful we still live in the greatest country ever created, thanks to our founding fathers and the greatest document of governance ever envisioned, the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

May God bless you all.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 11/27/20 at 20:42:52

Yes, really sorry to hear of the rough patch you have been confronted with Lon. Wishing you all the best as it smooths out!

Smiley

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Ellsworth
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 11/29/20 at 14:21:19

Lon - all the best to you and your family.  I enjoy your posts here and over on the Hoffman forums.

I don’t post much, but this forum has been instrumental in getting me into the SET amp world.  It also gave me the motivation to build my own speakers which are definitely better than anything I could afford to buy.  Music in my house has never sounded better.  Happy holiday season to all.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 11/29/20 at 16:18:27

Thanks for the best wishes guys. My brother is getting better slowly and luckily has not had the lung issues that so often complicate this illness. My Dad is better, he did not test positive and has likely a cold rather than the virus.

Financially. . . we got a big hit from this storm, but we will survive. My wife is beginning her Xmas decorating so she's recovering from the anxiety and frustration. . . .

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 11/29/20 at 17:02:46

Glad to hear their's been improvement Lon. Hang in there buddy.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #11 - 12/03/20 at 04:58:53

Been off the grid for a bit.  Lon....sorry to hear of your recent situation but I’m glad your family is doing better and you are ok.  Hang in there my friend.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 12/03/20 at 10:02:31

Sorry to hear of your string of bad luck Lon. Wishing you the best in overcoming the hurdles.
I also been off the grid for thr last six months busy with retirement endeavors.
Having many interests, Decware has aways been dear and instrumental pursuing one of them. I am very thankful for this forum with all of it's down-to-earth content and a touch of fantastical zen sparking imagination.
John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #13 - 12/03/20 at 10:40:39

I'm not out of the woods of 2020 yet.

I was offline for two days again. . . . 20" of snow in as many hours caused multiple tree falls in our neighborhood and power lines are down all over. A large tree just missed damaging our house by inches, is resting on the side of our house and blocking our back door, two more fell in the back and are blocking my wife's garden. We lost power and water and it was COLD.

And to top it all off, my Dad has tested positive. I now have one of my brothers, my sister-in-law his wife, and my Dad all positive and ill. My worst fear this year, that this disease would infect my Dad, has been realized. He's one week since he was tested, is very weak but so far no severe pulminary impact. He's sleeping a lot. . . I keep waking him when I call.

No music yet, just got cable and internet back, power back about 9 hours ago. I hope to soothe my brain with some discs later this morning and into the day.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 12/03/20 at 10:51:45

🙏🙏🙏. I'm praying for you and your family Lon. Please try to get some exercise and sleep to keep the anxiety at bay, I know it's hard with so many loved ones ill. Hope listening to music helps as well.

HK

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #15 - 12/03/20 at 11:42:00

Thanks for the best wishes all. I'm doing my best to stay positive and to stay healthy. Keeping my wife's anxiety at bay helps me to not surrender to my own. And music helps, a lot.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 12/03/20 at 19:00:47

Wow Lon.... so much to digest and deal with! I feel for you......

Glad you have the music back! We are so lucky to be able to have musical reproduction that is so captivating it can "take us away," helping relax living with too many confusions and fears around overwhelming times and the unknown.

Really hoping things settle down, and that whatever else comes up in our lives with the virus is not too overwhelming!

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 12/03/20 at 20:04:32

Lon,

God bless. My prayers are with you and yours.

JD

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print